2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We got a late start and didnt make it to the boat ramp until about 6am vs our normal 5am. We just had entirely too many oops we forgot this and need to do that friday night/saturday morning. We paid dearly for our late start which started at teh ramp at the end of the dike. Once we finally got the boat in the water we set course for Buccannear Fields and were greated by what I would considered 1000s of boat. After realizing every spot I had marked on the GPS in that area was literally covered in boats we just made a few drifts. Found 100s of kingfish but only a few hungry ones. With only finding a couple of small snapps we gave up and started heading to our old stomping grounds as we call it. We stopped at a weedline and started loading up on the chickens. I had a newbie on board that had never been offshore much less get the chance to play with these little guys. Needless to say it wasn't one of our better days on the water fish wise, but it was one of our better trips in the entertainment department. I think we may have just gotten another addicted...

Total for the day:
31 Chickens
2 Kings
1smack

And to top it off we couldn't give away an 18 pack of Bud Light, shrimpers everywhere but guess they were all sleepin...

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Nice fish Mitch. My dad and I went to Mitchell rig and caught our limit of Kings. Also caught 1 sharpnose, 1 bonnethead, 2 big uglies (drum), 1 smack, and as usual, my dad caught a couple hardheads! We found a real good weedline about 1/2 mile south of the rig and found a bunch of baitfish that looked like little trigger fish? Saw many chicken dolphin, but couldn't get them to take our lures. We tried speck rigs, snapper slappers, XRaps, cut bait....is there a trick to it? Well, we had a good time and the water was beautiful. I'm going out tomorrow off Freeport, looking for some Snapper. Any suggestions on bait? I have lures, just don't know what they like that's natural. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
danny you have a pm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts