2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man it was a busy weekend but managed to slip in a trip Sunday after working Saturday night. Got off hooked up the boat and took off. This trip was Noo-Noo (Capt Ken) Flatoutfishin (Monte) my daughters boyfriend (Daniel) and myself. Didn't get launched till around 8:00 and headed East to a spot I've never fished. Figured East to stay away from the crowds. Hit a few spots on the way out with little luck, stopped for bait and continued on. Was going to hit a few rigs on the way out but most all were occupied. Managed to get to my first spot with good markings of structure but not much in the way of fish. Saw several Barracudas and some Kings but the bottom seemed empty. Moved a couple of miles further and the bottom looked better. Anchored up over a wreak and started catching. Didn't exactly tear them up but managed a few decent fish and lost LOTS of tackle. All the Kings you wanted and then some, only 4 keeper Snapper to about 7lbs and 1 huge Jack. Monte was putting on a show with lures on top for Kings while we were trying the bottom. Kept a few Kings and returned the rest. Didn't get but a few pics, the camera died. But had a good time.

1: Monte with his Jack, on a Billystix
2: Daniel with a King on the Billystix

Attachments

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Don't know how I missed this thread. Really had a good time Doug. King action was redhot for sure and the jack put up a good fight. The Billystix was on fire. Also had a few red's in closer at the 30 mile mark I believe.
Looking forward to the nexttime.

FoF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.