2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left Freeport at 7 am to go 60 miles plus, Got out to 30 miles and the port lower unit gears shatters and puts a hole in the housing. So we made the best of it since it was a nice day to be on the water. Limped around some spots at 30 miles and caught 3 snapper and 6 dolphin. Started coming in at 1:30 and made it back to the dock 5 pm. Good trip besides the lower unit. If anyone knows of a lower unit out there for sale PM me. 2002 Mercury 225 c/r EFI.

Thanks
Fred

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
That explains it. That is exactly why I am going up to twins and not going to even think about repowering single. Too bad you dont have yami 250, I have a lower unit for you if you did.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Sea Raider,
Do you know what caused the gears in the motor to shatter? It's not in warranty? I only ask because that seems pretty new for that kind of catastrophic failure.

·
Registered
210 Posts
That is exactly why I am going up to twins and not going to even think about repowering single
Did you decide to keep your hull Argo? What are you gona hang off the back? I really like my boat so far, but am probably gona upgrade in about a year to something w/twins. The extra $10-15k upfront is worth the piece of mind. Would really prefer triples, but Im gona need a hell of a promotion before I buy one with 'em. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts