2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went offshore this Thursday with a crew of my brother and a couple relatives. We were looking for weedlines to troll up some dolphin. Nothing until we found a popcorn fart of a weedline at 35 miles. We trolled for a while with nothing to show but 2 solid schooly dolphin at 4-5 lbs and 2 bonita (which went into the bucket for snapper bait). From there we bumped out to a couple of wrecks at 30-34 miles out and grinded out a few barely keeper snaps. Moved a few miles south to a Rik J spot and finished out 3 limits of keeper snappers (nothing big, just keepers). Had a decent Ling swim up to the bote and he was hungry (and 39 inches) so into the box he went. Caught 4 kings and boxed them. Left them biting. Surfed Home at 30 mph and cleaned fish. All in all, a nice day. Final tally; 16 snapper, 1 ling, 2 dolphin, 4 kings

Water was a little choppy Thursday, in the 2-3 foot range with small intervals and smoothed out a bit later in the day. Not much to speak of in terms of weedlines.

Here is a pic of some of the snapper as well as the ling, dolphin and kings:

Here is

Attachments

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Nice job MITB! I'll be ready to get back out again after the end on this month.

did you hand feed that 6' gator at the cleaning station?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nice trip looks like yall got'er done.

I need to get out there with ya. Hope the surf is flat while yall are at the beach. Bring me some trout fillets!

·
Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Surf was brown all week in Crystal. Not much trout fishing in the surf. Beer was cold, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts