2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three of us went out Tuesday to take advantage of the weather. It was nice and flat. We caught a nice variety of fish including Snapper, Amberjacks, Kingfish, Strawberry Grouper, Rainbow Runner, Ling, Beeliners, African Pompano.

Short report, but here are some pics, which is what we all like to see anyway.

Mike

Attachments

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,837 Posts
Grouper

It looks like a Rockhind to me. Got any better pics of it???

Brandon

·
JB Guide Service
205 Posts
Rockhind and Strawberry Grouper are they same thing?:biggrin: Nice fish i can't wait until this weekend we have two trips.:biggrin:
Chase This! said:
It looks like a Rockhind to me. Got any better pics of it???

Brandon

·
Registered
236 Posts
Congrats on a great trip. The calm seas in the background of your pictures are taunting me. :)

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
Great catch, Maybe I can talk someone into going this Saturday!!! Sea's 2 feet or less!!!

·
break out the 80's and them fancy lures
6,837 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Hinds

Two species of hinds are frequently caught in the offshore waters off of the Gulf - the red hind (also called the strawberry grouper) and the rock hind (also called the calico grouper).

Photos are attached. The fish in question appears to be a rock hind.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Grouper

Here is the only other pic of the little Grouper. I called it a Strawberry, because that's what the party boat hands used to call it. I am not sure what the right name is, but it was excellent fried up and turned into a Grouper sandwich.

The seas were flat and it was very hot out there. We traded for some shrimp early. We fished until about 1pm and started heading in. We started fishing at 40 miles and finished up at 60 miles. The center motor was knocking hard all the way in, so we will be off the water until we get that problem fixed. The Mercury mechanic said, since it did not come apart on the way in, that it may just be a supercharger. We ran it hard on the way in for 60 miles since it is under warranty.

We will see. Anyone have any knocking / ticking sounds with the Verados. Sounded like metal on metal to me, kinda sounded like a John Deere tractor.

Attachments

·
Port Aransas Shark Hunter
347 Posts
"Anyone have any knocking / ticking sounds with the Verados. Sounded like metal on metal to me, kinda sounded like a John Deere tractor."

I thought all Mercs did that? Sorry couldn't resist...nice haul by the way!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts