2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Imagery by RH Keeling
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
King action slowed somewhat on Thursday but was replaced by "Big Bruiser Jacks". Everyone got tired of that action real quick so we headed out a little further. The dorado were there to greet us just before an electrical storm chased us out of the area. It quickly passed around us so we returned to the same spot and found the snapper hungry and aggressive. Sooner or later this wind is going to slow down, the waves will get a little smaller and it's going to be even more fun out there on the "Big Pond".

ps - the largest snap was just shy of fifteen pounds.

1 - Steven H. with his first jack. He was ready to catch something else after the second one. :spineyes:

2 - Got a few pics of the approaching storm before we hightailed it out of there.

3 - Poke (Anthony) with a nice snapper.

4 - My dad with his best snapper of the day.

5 - Steven chumming up the snapper the old fashion way. :eek:h: (He even wore a behind ear patch).

6 - Back at the dock pic.

Attachments

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Nice trip Ray, You put them on some good eatin. I agree on the wind thing. August is just around the corner and then we'll be wishin for some wind, LOL! Well I'm almost all booked up for the weekends in August so maybe we can hook up one week day and see what kind of damage we can do to those fish. It's only going to get better. As always great pics.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
WTG, Ray

Glad you got on them. That's an impressive catch of nice Snapper. I would rather catch Jacks than Kings any day. It's always been a mystery to me why somebody would get all excited about a three pound trout they C&R, then curse a 10 lb Jack for getting on their line. A Jack has more speed, strength and way more stamina than a trout, and if you aren't going to keep them, it's all about the pull anyway.

G

·
Amen to that!

Farmer Jim said:
. . . It's always been a mystery to me why somebody would get all excited about a three pound trout they C&R, then curse a 10 lb Jack for getting on their line. A Jack has more speed, strength and way more stamina than a trout, and if you aren't going to keep them, it's all about the pull anyway.
I couldn't agree more! If it is catch and release fishing, why wouldn't anyone want to test themselves against the best fighting fish? - O.K. maybe at times there is a skill factor of enticing a hard to catch fish to bite/strike, but after it is on the line that is where the real fun comes in!

:rybka:

·
Charter Member
5,922 Posts
I think the whole point is "time". It is limited and if jacks is all that is being caught, then it's time to move on to another location in search of something that is a keeper.
Right?
Just my 2 cents.
Mike

·
Twisted Fisher
279 Posts
Great trip, report and pics Ray. Snapper and Dorado......sweet. Hope we get some decent bites this weekend, It'll be the first time Reg has agreed to go....gotta get her to catch the bug.

Doug, had a bit of a setback....looks like third Monday in August might work out. Let me know and we can start the plans.

·
Tight Lines, CaptDoug
2,022 Posts
Gunner, The third Monday sounds good. I'm planning to go to the meeting Tuesday, if your going to be there we'll start the planning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts