2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met John Stout, BradP, Fred, James, and Ray at the Possession Limit in some stiff winds. Grabbed a huge dinner (mistake) at the Red Snapper Inn. Headed out about 7:30 destination 100-130 miles. Needless to say it was a rough trip out. Most everyone got rid of dinner quickly. One of our party really never rallied the whole trip, no good and a long weekend for him. Very good trip, and John's organization was outstanding. Very impressed with how he runs his boat. Trolled all day Saturday with a double on large cow dolphin at 11 am. Not much else until we hit the spar and picked up a quick small hoo, lots of cuda, some blackfin, and a nice yellowfin on the troll. Had a couple of UFO knockdowns, probably tuna but no hookup. Set up to drift at dark and quickly had yellowfin under the boat. Made two drifts, kept 5 fish or so. All fish caught on chunk bait, or swimming jigs. James made the mistake of fighting one on a kingfish rod for an hour + before it finally kicked his butt and broke off. James was done after that. About midnight set the boat on a course to shallower water for daylight. Made quick work of an AJ limit at daybreak and tucked tail for a very comfortable ride in following seas. Boat cleaned and back in Katy for cocktail hour. The crew worked well together and I was most impressed. Thanks for the opportunity-Tom

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Your killing me!!

Glad to see you had a safe and productive trip!

What does saltwater smell like again? been too long for me.

Dux

·
Imagery by RH Keeling
1,445 Posts
Congrats guys! Sounds like another great trip on the POSSESSION LIMIT. Talked to James earlier and he said he fought that tuna without a fighting belt. :spineyes: I can only imagine what his ribs and belly feel like. :eek:

Dux, as hard as that wind is blowing inland, you should be able to smell a little salt in it. :D

·
Super Moderator
863 Posts
Tell James

That bringing a knife to a gun fight is ill advised .....;)

Sounds you guys had a blast.....We're grounded this w/e due the @^@%@$ wind:(

·
Registered
674 Posts
Spewin' Chunks!

That is one quick way to get the yellowfin on the surface! LOL!

Glad you guys had a great time. Hopefully, we will get a chance to take a trip together this summer, Tom.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Holy cow you should see the bruises on me. Finally able to move without pain again, lol. John runs a great boat, the company was great, and the tuna sashimi on the way in made everything perfect. :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
He does run a super boat. If it was a charter boat there'd be few better and I couldn't reccomend it high enough. The trip I had on it last month was the best tuna bite I've had in the Gulf (had only 1 better in the Pacific).

Earl

·
Registered
76 Posts
Tuna bite was great, much better than Venice and I thought that was impossible to beat. The real gem of the trip though was talking with Stout. That man is a breathing encylopedia of boating, and fishing. Not to mention a great angler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts