2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at going out between Sunday & Tuesday... Would like some current condition and fishing reports...

Keep em coming...

Thanks!!!!!

·
Get a reel job - go fishing!
1,720 Posts
There have been about 6 or 7 threads about this in the last few days . . . just read down a ways and you'll see them. As far as in person reports, the few boats that have gone out of PA say the fishing is barely decent with an OK tuna bite.

I for one would not take a boat out right now if I cared much at all about it as there is still a lot of junk floating around.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I have been reading those threads. Just looking for the most current info... I know it has been bad... I was just hoping that it has cleared a little so I could go between Sunday & Tuesday...

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
The last time I went out the week after a hurricane (Dolly), the fishing absolutely sucked. The only other people I know that went at the same time encountered poor fishing also. We couldn't even find a thirsty shrimper. My crew got an 18 hour boat ride with a couple of snappers and kings. It may be coincidence but I'm letting the fish regroup after Ike, they will be scattered at best.

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,169 Posts
friend of mine on a crewboat in port a said the only thing he has seen was a oil rig pod floating upside down in the gulf last night, couldnt see anyone in etc, so reported it to the coasties.

·
Shrimpin' Aint Easy
937 Posts
Debris is pretty bad, saw what looked like a refrigerator and a alot of pier trash yesterday. I talked to Poseidon though and it looks like the seas wont be too bad. sty safe

Later

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm still tempted the weather will be great. There is always debris, and it will take years for all this stuff to sink or float away. I need to move the boat to a nother marina anyway, (the old one was destroyed). I may "miss" the turn and somehow end up at the outer banks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Unless you ahve a tower or very elevated steering station, I'd say stay off the water for a while yet. It is only going to take one you don't see to take off a lower unit, or bend some props and shafts. Anyone I have talked to that got out wish they didn't. As stated above, the fishing is spotty at best and the risk is MUCH greater.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We went out of Port A yesterday and fished the rip between Baker and Ant Hills. We caught wahoo, black fin and mahi on the rip. One of the boys jigged up a great warsaw close to Southern. The weather and seas were beautiful. There was trash the whole way but most of the trash was along the rip. We also reported the upside safety pod about 6 o'clock on the way back in.

Good luck.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Went out of POC saturday. The debris was spotty in some places but wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. From the time I left the jettys until I got back I did drive from the tower to see better though. From Falcon and all the way to Baker never got in to blue water. Found some weed lines but no one was home.

·
Registered
654 Posts
We fished Port A yesterday, and sea conditions may have been the best all year. The fishing was real slow the debris wasn't that bad. There is still some floating debris, but not a tenth as bad as last weekend.

Andy
Captains Playmate

1 - 12 of 12 Posts