2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the group thinks about fishing within 2-3 days of a tropical event that goes across your fishing grounds? Do yall think certain fishing gets better, worse, or stays the same? Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated. Thanks yall.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was wondering what the group thinks about fishing within 2-3 days of a tropical event that goes across your fishing grounds? Do yall think certain fishing gets better, worse, or stays the same? Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated. Thanks yall.
My experience has been that the water quality is a lot poorer after being churned up by a storm. Bottom fishing may be about the same for trolling might be slow.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Everything gets stirred up and scattered. Fish are less organized. Water quality takes a bit of time to recover. Worst part of all is the debris.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've torn 'em up after tropical systems. Particularly, red snapper who can often be found closer to shore after such storms.

maybe some folks can go catch some before they eat up any more of the juvenile's of other species ...least that's what some apparently think happened to the Kings.

Just don't let green horn relatives talk you into staying past dark when the GPS sat's are down.

One particular trip, the in-laws were catching big ole snappers in State water about 4-5 days after a tropical system, and did not want to leave as the sun was going down. Finding Mitchell's cut at night in a fairly deep draft boat, with little or no moonlight, and no GPS led to a long evening. We all paid the price, not standing dry land till well after midnight but with a cooler full of fillets

·
Registered
93 Posts
Went out Saturday to my usual spot. Caught a trigger fish and a mangrove snapper amongst 3 limits of red snapper. I usually only catch RS at this spot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts