2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as we all know the surf has been trout green all week. If you haven't had an opportunity to fish down there yet I would go asap before these storms hit us. Tomorrow morning might be the last day the surf holds if it hasn't turned yet. We've been walking in right at 6 am the past three mornings and catching limits everyday. 7-23 all our fish were caught on live shrimp with popping corks. The quality of the shrimp has been terrible. Some of these shrimp are literally an inch long. So the quality of our fish on Monday were 16-19. 7-24 we get on the water around 7 am. We ending up with limits from 17-22 by 7:30 am. All fish were caught on tops and glow grn chrt bass assassins. 7-25 I wake up to thunder and lighting and decide the past two days have been so productive we might as well head down and see if we can't wait the storm out. Well as soon as we pull up to our spot the storm dies out and the fishing turn on. Slicks everywhere. Bait fish jumping and birds flying. Right off the back my buddies land two slot reds 27 and 27 1/2. We ended up catching our limits 17-24 before 9am. I will be out there again in the morning if this storm wave doesn't hit us. I'm hoping it doesn't hit us until 7:30 am or so. All you need out there is an hour!! Good luck 2coolers!!

Attachments

·
The Migration Stops Here
2,342 Posts
Thanks for calling me Nate!!! Noonan, Caleb, and I were in Galveston that morning. We might have been too hung over to join you, but an invite would have been nice!!

Oh yeah....Nice Report bro!!!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think these storms might have ruined it down there. Did anyone happen to fish this evening?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts