2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fisher-Folk,:birthday2

Do any of you guys know if the remains of the sunken oil-rig the Ocean Express are still grouped together and any good for fishing? I have an old Top Spot map that locates the sunken rig a short distance from Matagorda Reef 712. My old map specifies the location @ 27-51.94 x 96-18.35 but my newer Top Spot map does not mention the Ocean Express. I have always wanted to see if I could locate the sunken rig but have not taken up my valuable fishing time. If anyone knows about the rig, please let us all know if it merits attention. Thanks, Bert
:bluefish:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have always wanted to fish it, but never make it that far West. I have a good friend who started fishing it shortly after it fell. It is one of his favorite spots on the way in from Baker or the Dunbar area.

So far as I know it is still there. He was catching fish on it last summer.

I also know that he hangs up in it alot. Which is probably due to the fact that he likes to drift fish.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Thats funny me and Argo were talking about that earlyer, and he says there are differences in the new and old maps.Im sure hill post up today when he gets the chance................................later,Dave

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
I did a comparo on the new and old topshots and they took alot of good spots off of the new one that came out. They are still out there though. I do not know their reasoning. I noticed it on a few spots out of mansfield two weeks ago that I know are there but were not listed on the guys map that he had recently purchased. My map is 4 years old and sure enough they were there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts