2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my travel trailer at the Oasis RV park, i am in oklahoma and have no information on how the park withstood IKE, Oasis RV park is of off I-45 near Highland Park / Bayou Vista. Does anyone have any information?

Thanks,

·
Trust Friends... but still cut the Cards
427 Posts
Only a handful of trailers there right now... It didn't look to be open for business this Sunday.

Hope yours was one of those few...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've passed it several times since the storm. The few trailers left there appear to be fine (upright) and the park looks the same. However, they still have signs up saying the park is closed. The levee protected it pretty well.

Good luck.

·
non-politically correct
7,305 Posts
I was there on Tuesday afternoon and the park is closed. PM sent.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Good luck with your trailer. We left ours in storage at HI RV Park and went down last week to check it out and bring it home. Looks fine, no damage. BUT it seems to have held some saltwater. The throw rugs inside were still soaked a week and a half later and you can see the water line in the storage area. Insurance company totalled the trailer.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Sign today only said " RV and Boats for sale soon" not sure what that meant...there are some trailers there that look in great shape back in the hook up slots. Infront of the building they have bulldozed an area that looks like they are going to use for the "For Sale" lot. If I go by tomorrow I'll get some pics if you need them. Don't have a great camera but its digital and has somewhat of a zoom function. Also if needed I can try and look for a person and see just what "for sale" means.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
They are closing the front of the park to make a lot to sell yachts and RVs. Whether they still intend to leave the rest of the park open or close that eventually too I dont know. I have no idea why they choose now to do that right now.

One of the debris contractors was telling me that he checked into parking his RV there and that is what they told him. They had no room for all the contractors coming into town. You'd think they would capitalize on all that potential long term RV business but they would rather sell luxury stuff in this sad economy. I dont get it.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Guess they think that with all the RV's and boats that were lost privately and w/ dealerships that they will make bank....? Seems weird to me too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts