2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
"It's good to be...Me" ><)))'>
15,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOAA has pictures posted that were taken a day or so after Ike passed.

http://ngs.woc.noaa.gov/ike/IKE0000.HTM

I had heard of the destruction at Oak Island. This picture below shows there's not much left of the town. I had fished out of Oak Island the tuesday, and wednsday before the storm. It was the sleepy little fishing village it had always been. the water was beautiful, and the fishing was very good....a few days later it's wiped out. It may never be the same place again, very sad.

http://ngs.woc.noaa.gov/storms/ike/geo-C26085890.jpg

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
Capt Forshee's house is about a mile north of there right on the bay. That sucks about Oak Island. The Capt. had 7+ feet of water in his garage plus a 7-8 ft. rise from the mean bay water height. So... about 14-15' of storm surge in Trinity Bay. That goes a heck of a long way inland in that part of the state. I'm sure alot of rice was ruined along with people's homes and lives.

My father comes in Thursday for the weekend(great timing huh, LOL!!), and Capt Forshee is still going to take us out fishing Friday, providing he isn't hip deep in post storm issues, so we should have a fishing report Friday evening.
I truly feel for all those people in Chambers county, the media has basicly ignored them form what I Have seen. Kind of like when Rita came through and the media was too busy covering the whinning scum from katrina despite the destruction Rita caused all the way up from West Louisiana through East Texas. Fema basicly told them tough ****. My prayers are with all those in Chambers county.

·
Team Coastline Marine
698 Posts
Dont get me started on FEMA. Worthless waste of tax money seems like they only give to the people who dont want to help themselves in anyway.

·
Male Hooker
1,834 Posts
Capt. Juarez said:
Dont get me started on FEMA. Worthless waste of tax money seems like they only give to the people who dont want to help themselves in anyway.
I agree with you Capt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts