2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Big daddy slim
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally set up my O2 system it sure beats an aerator i catch or pick up bait the night before set the regulator on .05 and man do you have some lively bait even croakers don't die.

But don't forget to set your regulator on .5 lpm anything higher seems to kill the bait.

Oh i set the system up for under a hundred dollars the big tank regulator hose and the large round stone.

·
A.K.A. Jacob's dad
2,447 Posts
set up

I have a tank and regulator. How did you set it up? On ice chest or did you use your boat livewell?

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
I agree with jeff.. We have been using the Point 4 stone... one problem you face with the cheaper stones is they are not very efficient... I use a long tube stone for my cooler live well when we go to the beach or the pier and its very inefficent... Last week, we went to seawolf and used a tank full of o2 in 8hours..... The regulator i use has a lowest setting of .03lpm... This regulator will help it last for days if you have the proper stone.. I think i fill the bottle on my boat about every 2 weeks... So over 100 hours of use...

Thomas

·
Big daddy slim
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well guy's i haven't had any problems witj the cheap large round stone and with .05 lpm my tank lasts for at least 100 to 125 hrs but thanks for the advise

·
Banned
201 Posts
Hazardous To Your Health

No matter where U mount these things people, please don't have any type of fire, gigarette etc. near the stuff. Highly flammable. If you still plan to smoke around the stuff, please write your SSN on your forehead, arm, leg....somewhere!!! W/ permanent markers please. Medical O2 is compressed air filtered at least 3 times. Which gives U a higher % of 02 / container. Be careful, someone out there loves U.........ed Oh yeah....be aware of used bottles for sale. Have them checked where U have them filled. Notice the stamped letters and numbers on the bottle? That will give the filler some HISTORY on that bottle. On and off valve "thread depth", will give a quick clue, that the bottles life span may be beyond filling.

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
Ed Matthews said:
No matter where U mount these things people, please don't have any type of fire, gigarette etc. near the stuff. Highly flammable. If you still plan to smoke around the stuff, please write your SSN on your forehead, arm, leg....somewhere!!! W/ permanent markers please. Medical O2 is compressed air filtered at least 3 times. Which gives U a higher % of 02 / container. Be careful, someone out there loves U.........ed Oh yeah....be aware of used bottles for sale. Have them checked where U have them filled. Notice the stamped letters and numbers on the bottle? That will give the filler some HISTORY on that bottle. On and off valve "thread depth", will give a quick clue, that the bottles life span may be beyond filling.
UHHHHH..

Oxygen is not flammamble...for the millionth time..if it were...we would all be on fire....

And there is no Difference in Medical 02 and Welding O2...The only difference is the VALVE on the Bottle..

Pure 02 is Pure 02....plain and simple..well it's more like 99% O2...1% Nitrogen if you really want to get down to it..

Filtering O2....now...that is a new concept..What exactly would they be scrubbing?...O2?...Particulates???

·
Allergic to Work
339 Posts
Scrubbing

They scrub for impurities like moisture, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, etc....trace atmospheric gases.

Yes, "Pure" Oxygen is a flammable gas. Compressed air is not. Big difference. The CGA connection on the valve is different due to the concentration of O2.

I work in the specialty gas business.

jabx1962 said:
UHHHHH..

Oxygen is not flammamble...for the millionth time..if it were...we would all be on fire....

And there is no Difference in Medical 02 and Welding O2...The only difference is the VALVE on the Bottle..

Pure 02 is Pure 02....plain and simple..well it's more like 99% O2...1% Nitrogen if you really want to get down to it..

Filtering O2....now...that is a new concept..What exactly would they be scrubbing?...O2?...Particulates???

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
anomaly said:
They scrub for impurities like moisture, carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, etc....trace atmospheric gases.

Yes, "Pure" Oxygen is a flammable gas. Compressed air is not. Big difference. The CGA connection on the valve is different due to the concentration of O2.

I work in the specialty gas business.
Oxygen is not flammable....it is an Oxidizer...it need's a fuel to become explosive, and/or burn...

All the above gases you mentioned are Inert.....(CO, CO2)

Unless you are a Chemist...you are arguing with the wrong person..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts