2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buy a package of salmon from Sam's Club, filet out the fat or brown from the filet. Cut into "fingers" about one inch wide and three inches long. Soak in all in a large bowl with red food dye for about 30 minutes. Drain and sprinkle lemon pepper all over it and lay it on aluminum foil. Smoke for for about one hour or until it is done yet still moist. Serve with whole wheat crackers, grey poupon mustard, capors, and diced onions. Add a glass of cold beer or a good wine=heaven! I smoke a lot of food, nothing is as good as this. Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Any kind of waterfowl. Get your favorite cajun seasoning and cover the whole the bird with more than a normal amount. I don't know what type of smoker you have so I can't tell a time. Smoke them until the breast is pink and juicey and you will throw rocks at everything else.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do the salmon, you will change your mind. I have a Life Time smoker I have had for 15 years and the only thing i have not smoked is a cat or dog. The only problem with smoking the salmon is my neighbors make me smoke for them and then i've got a heck of lot more work to do as i end up with about 10 salmon fillets i have to prepare and cook. Goose is not too good as it is still tough, i put it in a pressure cooker. Duck, quail, chicken ribs, pork shoulder, and bably backs are all very good. Salmon is king! The salmon keeps for a long time in the refrigerator too.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Buy a package of salmon from Sam's Club, filet out the fat or brown from the filet. Cut into "fingers" about one inch wide and three inches long. Soak in all in a large bowl with red food dye for about 30 minutes. Drain and sprinkle lemon pepper all over it and lay it on aluminum foil. Smoke for for about one hour or until it is done yet still moist. Serve with whole wheat crackers, grey poupon mustard, capors, and diced onions. Add a glass of cold beer or a good wine=heaven! I smoke a lot of food, nothing is as good as this. Merry Christmas!
sounds good what kind of wood do you use to smoke?:clover:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Most people in Texas or any where in the south (except for Ariz. and Cal.)with smokers don' do salmon let alone capers and Grey Poupon. Whuuuut?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts