2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Just one More
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Team and I headed down to Sargent Thurs. to fish Fri and in the Tuttles Tournament Sat. Friday we slept in and left the cut around 10:00am. Bounced around the 30 40 mile mark finding lots Snaps, Dolphin (chicks and one to 10lbs), and bait. Sat. we all met up at Tuttles and started are day heading to the 27's lots of smaller kings, had 4 on while we were there several times. As we were drifting we manage 2 short of a 4 man limit of snaps between 17" and 20". Caught two under sized ling and two dolphin. Left and headed to a wreck to the west but it had two boats on it so I headed South to some more rocks. Talked to BEER4BAIT on the radio and he mentioned he caught some nice AJ's at the A19's so we reeled up and headed in that direction. we ran across a weed line about 2 miles long and 20' deep. Idled up to catch some bait and two nice Dolphin and one big Ling. After several attempts to pull them up I rig up to troll. set out two CD18's B/P and Dolphin color. Went down the line and turned to go in the other direction when the Port rod went off. At first we all thought we caught one of the two Dolphin we spotted earlier but soon we saw a lit up Wahoo. The first for me and my crew. Lots of high five's going around! Yes he is small but still wears he's stripes like all of them!

Like others have said:
Thanks to Mark, Kelly and Tuttles for all their Time and Efforts putting on a great Tournament!!!

Please ID the other Fish pic at the bottom:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Rock hind aka "strawberry grouper". **** good fried fish sandwich.

·
Just one More
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for clarifying the fish ID, I called it a strawberry but wanted to be sure of the proper name Rock Hind. Thanks again

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Jason, be proud of how big it is and the fact you even have one. Never apologize as to its diminutive size. Confidence is everything :tongue: Congrats.-Tom

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
A Who is still a Who !!!!!

good job

John

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Thanks for the report / pictures Captfry.
Congrats on the Hoo! One day soon, I'll join the Hoo club.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nice Job! Hope it is the first of many to come.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts