2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to go out for a quick fishing trip this morning around 9:00. Lowered the boat and was about to pull away from the dock when my neighbor asked me if I could help save the deer in the canal. What deer I asked????

Turns out a young spike buck wandered onto our street, which is a cul-de-sac, and when a neighbor went to walk her dogs, the deer ran across a vacant lot and jumped into the canal. He couldn't get himself out because the bulkhead was too high. A couple other neighbors were standing at the end of the canal trying to figure out how to rescue him. I got the other neighbor (Bill) in the boat with me and we started herding the deer towards a corner of the canal. We finally got him to a place where he could stand. Then we got a rope around his neck and Bill jumped in the canal with him. About that time the fire truck pulled up and one of them jumped in and lifted him out.

The poor deer was scared to death and shaking from the cold. The fire dept guys wrapped him in a blanket and he calmed down. About that time a Corpus police truck pulled up and we decided to load him up in the bed of the truck and drive him down the road towards the National Seashore for release. Hopefully that deer learned a lesson!!!

Here's some pics;
"Cowboy Bill" with his catch

·
Saved by Jesus Blessed by God
2,767 Posts
great rescue way to go guys
hope he makes it

some green for you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts