2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I took my daughters to the jetties thursday morning to find some trout. We arrived at the boat ramp at about 7:00am. a little late start for me. Anyway we ran to the gulf side of the north jetty(nothing but a hard north east wind)so I decided to run to the south jetty(channel side) The water was a little sandy but fishable. We only had one spanish mack. break off at the boat. Having no other hits here I decided to run back to the north jetty(channel side). I stopped at a weedline in the middle of the channel to look for a triple-tail; amazed that the first line had about a 10lb T.T. on it. We threw everything at it but could not get her to eat. Finally we pulled up to the north jetty in about 30 ft of water. My wife picked up a shark and a spanish mack. on shrimp. I fought with the anchor the whole time, trying to get it to grab, but no luck. After having enough pulling and yanking on the rope, I moved to about 7ft of water. Still on the north jetty, It is now about 10am and only 2 fish caught. I noticed a pod of mullet near the rocks and started fishing there. The trout moved to this spot shortly after throwing the anchor. My daughters had fun catching trout,sharks, and spanish mackerel. We caught a lot of trout bringing 10 home to eat. The 10 fish went from about 18-20 inches. We caught more keepers, But I usually try to keep 1 limit because nobody in the family eats them exept me. The trout were caught on gulp natural shrimp 1/16 oz lead head, and My daughters were throwing the gulp shrimp under a cajun popping cork. These fish were slamming the bait hard. A very slow day ended up being a good one. Just estimating we probably had about 25 trout, 10 or 12 blacktips, 4 spanish macks, and 1 undersize redfish. Thanks for reading this long post, good luck and be safe. Tommy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts