2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
To Endeavor to Persevere
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back to the creek last week and no wake zones were in place! One sign is almost right across from our dock! This means every bote that comes and goes throws a huge wake across our docks!

My neighbor almost had his 30' Searay set on his dock for him by another big bote up the creek!

It would be different if everybody knew how damaging their wake is, but most dont have a clue, some even plow all the way through the zone! We call 'em Caney plowboys!

It's always been law to maintain idle speed only through any area that sells fuel on the water, but nobody has bought fuel at the marina by our house in years since it's mostly water!

Anybody have any idea who to send the thank you letters to?

·
http://www.profishingresearch.co m
2,953 Posts
TPW must have placed 'em. They may be illegal and impossible to inforce if not.

Admiral

G

·
Pat P said:
On plane is going to have been the best route...like you said...here come the big wakes now.
TIME TO START SURFING WHEN THEY OFF PLANE...STEVE PUT A GAS CAN ON YOUR DOCK AND START SEELING FUEL TO...

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Pat P said:
On plane is going to have been the best route...like you said...here come the big wakes now.
Yep, you can secure your boat to handle the wake from most of the fishing boats on plane. However, the people in the big boats on plane or not, are a different story.

·
To Endeavor to Persevere
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The sheriff that lives across from Linda's was writing warning tickets last weekend! Something has got to give! This will destroy our docks!

·
Registered Somewhere
5,633 Posts
Sounds like to me that no one is actually abiding by the term no wake if you are having that much of a problem. Have I been misinformed what no wake means. Best I can remember it means headway speed only. Which mean minimum speed to control the vessel steerage. Or words to that effect.

·
To Endeavor to Persevere
8,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The problem is the sign is just up from our dock! When the botes come in they shut down and we get a large swell! The botes going out hammer down right in front of our dock, so we get it coming and going!

·
Registered
939 Posts
grayfish said:
Sounds like to me that no one is actually abiding by the term no wake if you are having that much of a problem. Have I been misinformed what no wake means. Best I can remember it means headway speed only. Which mean minimum speed to control the vessel steerage. Or words to that effect.
Problem is many boats throw a lot more wake going semi slow than on plane. Also many people do slow down off plane but try to still scoot along, digging down and continuing to throw a big or bigger wake than before.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts