2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Farmboy
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Son's duck hunting buddy removed his lower unit to replace his impeller and now apparently can't get the motor to go in reverse. He was told by the shop that it would take 2 specialized tools, and several hundred dollars to fix it. That's all the details I have, sorry. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Son's duck hunting buddy removed his lower unit to replace his impeller and now apparently can't get the motor to go in reverse. He was told by the shop that it would take 2 specialized tools, and several hundred dollars to fix it. That's all the details I have, sorry. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
Making a guess...When they pulled the lower unit, did they turn the shifting rod a few or more turns? On OMC products, the shifting rod is threaded and screws into an arm (in the lower unit) that shifts the gears.

I made this mistake once and I had to pull the lower unit back off and set the rod to where it was half way screwed into the arm (counting turns). DJ

·
Registered
124 Posts
Need more info like make model size to help you out. the ourdrive all have there ways to pull them apart to maek the linkage work right.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If it was working before they removed the lower unit... then the shift linkage is just not connected back correctly.

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
drop lower unit again
rack shifter linkage back to neutral top side by the actual motor linkage, not the shifter

same for lower unit and re-assemble

1 - 7 of 7 Posts