2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I broke my laptop while checking my email in my boat. it fell from the helm to the deck inside the cabin so no pics on this one. I met my crew consisting of Kevin Marvin(kmarv on here) mand 2 total newbies that just wanted to catch a shark for their 1 year anniversary. I told them I could prolly swing that. Well I tried to catch em a shark but couldnt manage it. We were able to make it out to Bakers and on the way out, we caught snapper and bonita after bonita. we trolled out a ways till we stopped at our first shrimper. we traded for 40 lbs and 50 lbs of cull. no fish there. we continued to troll knocking bonita after bonita down on this one homeade i made. it is a bonita killing machine. We stopped again at a shrimper close to 40 out. we got another 40 lbs of shrimp and then started hooking blackfin. i would get them on and hand the rod off. Kevin was having the hardest time getting one. He would try and nothing, i would do my thing and hooked up everytime. Kevin is good and experienced crew but not to be mean, but we could have brought back 3 times more fish with a couple more with experience. I think total we came back in with a limit of snapper all just over 16, a ling, 7 blackfin, strawberry grouper and right around 100 lbs of shrimp. good day if you ask me. Ill try to post some pics up later on. it was gorgeous out there and made it in at 26 knots. oh yea, i caught a monster blackfin at s bakers rocks with another mahi colored homeade. the first tuna on a homeade.

tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts