2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there like to wade at night I just cant seem to find anybody anymore. Been doing it for 20 plus years and just trying to find a partner that can hang all night.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I like to wade at night. This is the time of year to do it now thru the the summer. And west bay is my home fishing grounds. I’m local to SF and wade the south shoreline, the wall and spoil banks a lot. PM me if interest.

·
'81 Aggie
1,564 Posts
I'm not against wading at night, and certainly don't want to discourage anyone.

But, staying on a canal at Sea Isle near the channel to get into the marina and ramp, I cannot believe the number of idiots who blow through the shallows at full speed, even in the dark. I'm always anticipating a tragic story in the media where a boat takes out an entire line of waders in the dark.

GPS and skinny boats are wonderful tools, but they also give some people false confidence that they shouldn't have, that there's nothing in their way. I also can't count the number of 2x12's and 10x10" piers I pull out of the canal after every squall that comes through, just looking for a lower unit and hull to wreck.

If you do wade in the dark, I'd suggest (at the very least) having a powerful flashlight or headlamp at the ready to let boaters know where you are. And wear bright, visible clothing. Fortunately, you can generally hear them 1/2 mile away. And if you're running a skinny boat in the dark, don't overdrive your visibility. There's waders and 2x12's out there.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anybody that is serious bout it PM me trying to get a small list together that enjoy it as much as I do.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Waded the Ditch once in PO with a full moon overhead, then the tide started moving, the bait came to the surface and the huge Black Tips showed up. Adios and back to the boat !!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would be down to go. My better half purchased a house in Galveston and I have been trying to find the time and places to fish down there, I usually fish Matagorda complex.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts