2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would share this for anyone interested. Hope It Helps Out:
One of the places i hunt is on a buddies property in the Hill Country (Kingsland) like 3600 acres. A good friend to have because, well, its free, and he has a hog problem. So i try and take down a few when i get around the area. Last thursday i was spike/doe hunting and he demanded that before i leave, i must plug as many hogs as i can. I agree but his red spotlight is on the fritz, and I had a half dozen orange glo-sticks i use for the blind. :idea: I ignite all 6 and put 3 about 10 yards behind the feeding pile and three 10 yards in front of it. I get to my blind and not even 2 minutes later they come out of the brush. long story short, 3 80lbers down and one 250+ boar. The light was far better than using a red spotlight and my hands were free. Try it out, They didnt spook or anything, and Im thinking of maybe putting 2 or 3 on top of the feeder deer season to give me a lil edge on that 30 minutes before and after sunrise/sunset law. My friend has the solar powered landscaping lights on top of his feeder but the animals scare or dont even come up to feed.

·
Common Sense AIN'T Common!
281 Posts
thats a good idea... I have used the ELusive Wildlife Technologies "illumitacks" and they work pretty well. The glow sticks are a little cheaper though & you dont have to worry about losing the little boogers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts