2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you get to nighthawk bay?....do you park near the ramp at birdisland then walk down that path by the bathrooms? I really would like to wade out there just I am not too sure how to get there so any help would greatly be appreciated.
peace
ron

·
Registered
316 Posts
That's the only way to get out there without a boat or trespassing on private property. Unless you're walking in the water to get out there you're on private property. People trespass all the time on the north end, but I've heard of some folks getting tickets within the last year or two.

I've seen many people do what you describe, and if you walk far enough north that's a pretty good area to fish. Lots of boat traffic thru there on the weekends though.

Jeff

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ron, Assuming you don't have a pwr. boat, that is one way I access the flats of NHB only through kayak. I park at the ramp and kayak across the cut. You will need to pay the park and parking fees though. To the north, you have the northern part where the canals are and 4WD is required. It is private but we do it all the time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Watch out on that trail at the boat launch. Wear plenty of mosquito repellent, and be wary of rattlesnakes. I spooked a small one recently. After dark, the coyotes get interested. I've had them follow me all the way back (stayed in the water - too chicken to walk the bank). I like to post this picture of one of about 1000 mosquitos that swarmed me there.

Well, I have done my best to scare everyone away from my "secret spot". Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow those are some big bugs. thanks for the input. You guys have been really helpful.

Another Question do you guys know what the difference is between the Curado 100B and Curado 200?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a 100B for my wife because it is smaller and it fits her hand/thumb better, she loves it. She can cast it farther than her spinner. It also holds less line since the spool is smaller. There might be a more technicle difference, but not much. Those Curado's are some smooth reels.
FM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts