2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's been a year or so since i've posted on here probably... last post was probably when I was in college looking for advice on what direction to take. Well I ended up in the oil field and have made my way over to Nigeria after spending a yea in the Gulf/Houston office (management training program)... Coming here has been a big culture shock on me and thought I'd share a few pics... Def makes me appreciate living in the United States of America! I've attached a few pics and I hope they uploaded correctly, never have posted pics on here. If they do i'll add more this evening.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
They like living like that. Just go to any large city right here in the good old USA and you will see the same thing.

Tinman

·
fishes with calcutta
1,773 Posts
How now! Hello you! Fine-Oo,

I did some work for Gulf Oil and later Chevron. I worked mostly in Escravos (DSWIP) but did spent time in Port Harcourt, Warri, and Lagos. Some old English Lord nailed it when he said Nigeria was a nation of beggars and thieves. You'll meet a few nice people but for the most part you can't trust anyone including the British and Americans you will meet there. Watch your back.
And don't drink too much of that Star Beer. It'll give you a banging head

·
Registered
434 Posts
I also work in the oil field and have been down to Nigeria, Congo, and Angola. It definitely opened my eyes to how good we have it here in the good ol' US of A. Yeah watch out for that Star beer...the use formaldehyde in it. No Beuno in my book.

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
Good for you getting out into the real world. It really opens your eyes to how good we have it in the USA and why so many want to come here. I never really got to travel to many "Vacation" spots around the world, I would love to one day...but I have been to many dog poor, dirty and dangerous places around this big rock. Those people and places are stuck in the back of my mind and I can not shake them out.

Be safe and come home to the USA soon

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Do the victims of the Nigerian Scams a favor and go into a few of their internet cafe's and whip all their arses!!!

·
fishes with calcutta
1,773 Posts
Do the victims of the Nigerian Scams a favor and go into a few of their internet cafe's and whip all their arses!!!
By golly I think you're on to something.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Reminds me of what they turned the Superdome & the Civic Center into in a matter of a few days during and right after Katrina....

Of course they had already done that to many areas of New Orleans over the years...

Some things simply cannot and will not be changed....

·
Jedi Knight and Friend to Captain Solo
17,027 Posts
There's nothing wrong with Nigeria. Except that it's full of Nigerians.
Credit and insurance fraud is the National sport of Nigeria. They make rap videos bragging about what they bought with money defrauded from Americans.

·
fishes with calcutta
1,773 Posts
Bill's right.

Traven in any foreign country is an education in itself. You see the way other people solve problems and deal with every day life. And it will make a flag waver out of you.

P.S.
Stay away from the Bad Ji-Ji and don't bring home any war brides.

·
Banned
26,320 Posts
WOW...dirtier than Mexico. I have no desire to ever visit that country. As a matter of fact, I've seen everything outside the borders of this country I feel I need to see. There is enough here in the USA that I haven't seen yet to spend vacation time & travel for the rest of my life as I see it.

·
Banned
87 Posts
Coming Soon to a Town near YOU!

Are you sure that's not the 3rd Ward in Houston? Maybe our illustrious Commander in Thief, uh "Chief", can throw some Stimulus money at them.

Tan, Rested, and Ready. Nixon in '88!

·
Still trying to figure it all out
10,501 Posts
Great pictures - I think I will stick to the oil business here in the gold 'ol USA...

But as long as you are already there, the widow of the late Nigerian head of state, General Sani Abacha, has $22 million dollars for me if I can help her out. So if you would just pick it up for me, I will gladly split it with you.............:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts