2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure how the weather is on the beach, but the weather out here is beutiful. It is cool and clear and most of all the tuna are everywhere out here chasing bait fish and busting out!

I am not sure what the weather window is, but is anyone heading out this way?

Randy

·
Registered
388 Posts
Watch for a blue Regulator(Fran and Anthony), a hydrosport, (rodfather)and a wellcraft (slapshot). They are all headed your way/Nansen right now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man Randy can you post of pick of them whacking a big tuna?
It is hard for me to see what exactly is going on down there especialy at night...So I don't think a pic is going to happen.

AGF...Only two boats out right now..On just came in while I was in the crane. Can't see who it is. We monitor all channels out here.

Randy

·
Fish Assassin
924 Posts
Been working the Boomvang crane long? I used to be sent out there occasionally in my Big White Crewboat when I worked for Muchowich OOSI. I don't know if the Raymond M. has been sent to the Boomvang much since then though. The last 2 hitches I was on that boat we were working the Ocean Valiant and the Nansen, and they had a Seacor boat hitting the Boomvang.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Been working the Boomvang crane long? I used to be sent out there occasionally in my Big White Crewboat when I worked for Muchowich OOSI. I don't know if the Raymond M. has been sent to the Boomvang much since then though. The last 2 hitches I was on that boat we were working the Ocean Valiant and the Nansen, and they had a Seacor boat hitting the Boomvang.
Yes I have. I've worked the Raymond M before. As a matter of fact I rode in to Galveston on the M. last year for a hurricane evacuation up in the wheel house. I don't know if you were the Capt. or not, but it's one of the only crew boats without DP that can hold a position to be loaded..

Randy

·
Registered
649 Posts
We just got back from there this morning, you may have seen us trolling yesterday afternoon (teal Fountain with white top, trip Verados).

Busted a **** nice wahoo after fighting through the cuda's, but no tuna. One motor crapped out so we decided to head for the casa.

We did see a fair few YF breaking the water while we trolled.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We just got back from there this morning, you may have seen us trolling yesterday afternoon (teal Fountain with white top, trip Verados).

Busted a **** nice wahoo after fighting through the cuda's, but no tuna. One motor crapped out so we decided to head for the casa.

Oh I saw you guys...You were out here early and I seen you guys land two of the Cudas but not that SWEET WAHOO!!!! I was wondering why that one motor was up? No tuna??????? Wow...They have been all over the place out her...

Randy

·
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time
4,286 Posts
Randy,
We sure appreciate the "real time" reporting you do for us at BV...

Thank you!!

The "I wish that rig had a cell phone service tower " Hog

·
Slicing and Dicing!
1,371 Posts

Man thats a nice fish! How long is the battle on something like that?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Randy,

We sure appreciate the "real time" reporting you do for us at BV...

Thank you!!

The "I wish that rig had a cell phone service tower " Hog
No worries! I know that it is costly to run this far and don't mind helping. As far as a cell tower???? Pm me and I will hook you up with an eamil address to help out..

Randy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts