2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newman was involved in a car wreck Mon morning on the way home. His left forearm is fully broken (both bones). Since he is between "real jobs" he has no med insurance :(

Just returned from TTMB in Galveston. They will be inserting plates and screws on Thurs or Fri.

He did mention to me Monday that he guesses there will now be a good long weather break, with lots of days of 5 - 10 mph winds.

I guess he won't be posting much for a few weeks... at least till he learns how to type with one hand LOL.

Mike in Woodlands

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
My prayers are with you Newman, hope things go well, we are kinda in the same boat as my ribs are throbbin bad.... When you get home we can share stories and Vicodin.. LOL

·
Registered
949 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news. I'll be thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers. Hope you have a speedy recovery and aren't in too much pain and discomfort. I'll be sure to catch a big fish for ya!

Get Wild

Eric

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Thoughts and prayers on the way. I hope the surgery goes well and he makes a speedy recorery.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to hear

Sorry to hear about that Newman. Horrible timing on top of it all between jobs.

What did you think about Primerica? I know it's a little different, but I really think it's got a lot of potential. I just started myself and haven't really got any one elses opinion of what they thought. Hope it's not just me. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you much the other night at the Double Tree, I know Ray was excited about telling you all about everything.

Don't give upon fishing though with that broken arm. I broke my wrist when I was living in Alaska in '89 and still figured out a way to fish every day.

"You gotta keep on keepin on" -Joe Dirt

Good Luck with everything,

-chris

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
sorry to hear about your wreck and your arm newman! thank God you were not hurt worse though. hang in there, our thoughts and prayers are with you!

trudy

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Take care of yourself. I'm glad it wasn't worse.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I really

am sorry to hear about that. Hope your up and good as new in no time Chris but don't hurry it. We can use some 5 to 10 mph winds for a while.:cheers: Here is to a speedy recovery.Get well soon bro.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Man, I hate to hear that. Bad deal, but I guess you should be glad it wasn't worse. Hope it heals quickly and without complications.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Youch Chris!

Hope you're not in to much pain any longer! How long will you be in a cast? Sure hope it doesn't effect your plans to attend the Port O gathering! I'm so glad it wasn't worse!

Take care of yourself!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Lefty...

Newman,

I hope you heal quickly and completely. Make sure they put a cast on that doesnt keep you from grilling those tuna kabobs!! One thing on the no insurnace deal...with it being a car wreck wont the vehicle insurance cover necessary medical costs up to $X based on the policy? Just a thought.

Again, sorry to hear about your misfortunes.

Scott

·
Site Sponsor
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reply on behalf of Newman who is sitting by me at the moment.

I appreciate everyone's concerns and prayers. Please keep'em coming. I will be back in Galveston in the morning for my surgery at 10:00 @ Rebecca Sealy. The breaks are pretty severe and will require bone grafts for both bones and plates and screws. One plate will be almost the length of the forearm from elbow to wrist, the other somewhat shorter. It is day surgery, so I will be home tomorrow night (probably at my house not his). The Dr says I will be out for 8 - 12 weeks but I don't think that will keep me from the POC gathering, even if I am only cooking:). But that puts the pressure on someone else to provide the tuna for the kabobs;)

My car insurance was full coverage on the vehicle, but the PIP had been waived. The good news is I had a helpful social worker advise me of the steps and documentation necessary to qualify me for state assistance.

Really enjoyed reading all the posts you have made. It has been a real drag not getting on line for the past week. Now I have fishing fever, and computer withdrawal!

I'll be really dream'n of fishing... between the vicaden LOL
Newman

·
Site Sponsor
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A short update, The surgery was successful (an hour longer than scheduled) but he was kept overnight "for pain management" due to the lateness of the hour when finally out of surgery. His wife is with him tonight @ John Sealy.

I think I will bring him here to my house tomorrow afternoon/evening for a day or two before he goes on home.

Mike
Tks for the prayers and good thoughts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts