2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
back in the mid 80's my dad made custom surfrods , i enherated all of buiding stuff and rods . I was wondering could sometell what brand of blank this could be it fiberglass one piece that is then coaded in wire and then coated in finish i think it was called a rawhide or exuvialnt . im sure the comapny is long out of buissness but i have 10 ft rod that you cant break ugly but the stoutest i have ever seen and was wondering for future looking what it could be called

·
Registered
199 Posts
that could be an old harriongton blank. the first blanks that were used by the harrington company were surplus antenas from the army. do you know if there was any particular reason that your dad had kept that blank? it could possibly be that he kept it because it was one of the first that harrington put out.

Ramon

·
Registered
9 Posts
from the osund of it mos likely is a fenwick hard to find any more an when ya do they want an arm an leg for um well less they dunno whatthey got an ya buy um for about a 100 buck lik i do ever chance i get lol

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Go to my latest post in the fishing reports section, under the title "Another Fine Day at Sea Rim". The rod in the first picture is an old Fenwick rawhide. That rod is about 30 years old and still fishing just fine.

Good luck with your search.

·
Follically Challenged
5,373 Posts
The Blank you Speak about sounds Like an Original Harrington Rod Blank,.. Keep it, Get a Knowledgeable Rod Builder,....Find its Backbone and Have The Rodbuilder or Yourself Build it,...... Hang it on Your Wall and Watch Your Buddies Drool When They see it in All Its Glory!!!! ( A SHOW PIECE ) EXTRODINAIR !!!!! I still fish with My Fenwicks 4 are surfrods,... 1 a 1689 Blank to be tied into a Distance Casting Rod, Soon,..and 1 Fenwick Rawhide Rod Rebuilt,... To Be hung On the WALL CAUSE I CAN!! Keep all the Old Stuff You Can,... so it too can Be Passed On to Someone Else!! I am Happy Knowing My Parents are Watching Over Me While I Fish !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.