2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now this is ******* filet mignons..
First ya take a beer can and cut it in half... Thats yer saw.. Then get ya a big ole piece of chuck steak and make ya some rounds..
Now keep in mind that these will be wrapped in a thick chunk of Wright brand bacon and brioled to perfection.. I just wanted to get them soakin in the lemon juice, lite soy, and alll the seasonings for a bit... I need ta tenderize them a bit... Now some of you rich folk might be able to go to the market and get yours already beer canned round and wrapped with bacon, but us traditional ******** have a cheaper and better way..
the rest of New Years day dinner commin soon...

Take notes...

Attachments

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, what are you going to do with the left-over beef, JQ? Does the brand of beer can affect it's ability to cut perfectly portioned pockets of perfection? :)
TX... The left over beef is for making Carne guisada at a later date...
Buesh cans seem ta work well for me, but I suspect a miller lite can will do just fine...

·
Jedi Knight and Friend to Captain Solo
17,027 Posts
Oh my! This thread is not helping my New Year's resolve to lose weight. But I like it. :rybka:

·
Typical Texan
8,414 Posts
I think I know where those guys that sale meat out of the back of their trucks get their fillets now.

:2cool: :D

·
Saltmadness
13,573 Posts
These are the briskets I cooked the other night. I took them off about an hour or two early so it would leave some space for warming today. Wife has them in the oven as we speak. Not to mention her smelling the house up with that nasty cabbage. I'm gonna sub my cabbage for spinach. lol

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys keep your inferior cookin pics out of my ******* new years day cook...

Movin right along now,, beings I'm a culinary Icon,,,, I knew that christmas ham bone was gunna come in handy, so i stuck her in the freeze box for just an occasion like today... I carved a little off for the blackeyed peas and stuck the bone and some deer sausage in a pot full of stock for a good renderin and cook down for the cabbage..

Stay with me here guys ya just might learn something about ******* cookin.. happy new year ifn I hadn't already said so...

Attachments

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yer excused brotha,,,
Now you all call your moms and holler at em a bit cuz they didn't know how ta make a mignon..
These have been soakin in lite soy, lemon, sage, asscorted seasonings for about an hour now.. I wrapped them up real tight in 1/4 inch thick Wright brand bacon and set the oven at 375. I think I'll let em soak it up a tad before I send em to the heat...

Attachments

·
Professional Salesman
9,758 Posts
I've been watching this thread since it started, and well, I'm just speechless but want to make a post anyway!

Happy New Year you fellow ********!!! :cheers:

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm on the single mans 50/50 diet. Low fat and high carbs!
I'm just doing the high carb thing for now.. lol .. Hey but the kitchen smells good!!!!

·
Hold my beer.....
4,025 Posts
very nice looking! thanks for torturing me with the pics......as i cant do the same thing since im here at work.....

·
14,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank ya guys, I eat alot..

I figured it was time ta turn em so I got out my Tabasco tongs and did a flip on em.. Then I got my best China bristle brush and sauced them up a bit... shouldn't be long now !!!!!

I think I'll start the cabbage now... it don't take long since the stock is already done..

Attachments

·
Follically Challenged
5,373 Posts
That looks real good J.Q. !! I am not on a diet nor will I be,..I like eating good food. Seeing it is OK also, gives me ideas. Keep showing the before ya eat pic's,...none of the after. :biggrin:

Reactions: 007 and Gary
1 - 20 of 41 Posts