2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cami and I headed out Thur afternoon and got to the property just as the sun went down. With camp all set up we enjoyed a quiet, but cold, New Year's Eve.

The Friday morning alarm went unanswered. :lol: We hit the stand around 8ish and not surprisingly didn't see any deer. I did a little work around the property through the afternoon and Cami wanted to go for a walk to check on her "babies", the cows. Friday evening we watched some young deer.

Saturday morning we got to the stand early with a serious frost on the ground.

A decent doe was there at daylight, but we couldn't judge her size until about 30 minutes later when two other does arrived. The first doe was a good bit bigger. Cami made a nice shot and dropped her first deer in it's tracks. SWEET! It was standing almost exactly where my daughter shot her first deer a few weeks ago.

This was right after the shot, needless to say she was excited.

The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out, walking the property to discuss the future house plans and sitting in the stand waiting on the buck that never showed. Very nice weekend.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. She hunted with me a good bit when we were newlyweds, but it was east Texas and tough hunting so she never got one. Kiddos came along and she's been absent from the deer stand for almost 20 years so it was pretty sweet to see her finally get back at it. Now we have another hunt scheduled on a nice ranch in south Texas at the end of the month. Hopefully she'll be able to get a buck down there.

·
Texas Rod Builders
6,338 Posts
Outstanding! It must be great to have the whole family interested and involved in hunting. Please post up on how Miss Camilles' S.Texas trip goes. Good for her, back in the stand again,,,,Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts