2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 2004 Xpress VX20CC from West Boats in Mesquite Texas. I have to say that if anyone is in the market for an Xpress Boat West Boats is the place to go.

I went in on a Friday around 1:00 and looked at the boat. Talked with Butch and Beth West for about 30 minutes and we agreed on a price. Boat had to be rigged and motor had to be installed and I wanted to think about it for a little while.

I called back around 3:00 on Friday and told them I wanted the boat, and it was kind of a rush, Beth West told me to be back at their shop at 10:00 the next morning.

Butch West stayed at the shop, got the motor mounted, had the boat all rigged and ready to roll when I drove up at 10:00 the next morning. The back end had transom tie downs on it for me, a transom saver was on the motor, it was cleaned and ready to fish and the fuel tank already had oil added for the double oil break in tank.

The last boat I bought it took them a week to get the rigging done and I had to take the boat back to them 3 times to get everything they messed up in the process straightened out.

Needless to say, based on previous experiences with other placed I was shocked to pull up and find the Xpress ready to roll with everything done.

Butch and Beth West are both two of the nicest folks you will ever meet, and they do what they say they will do. If your in the market for an Xpress, or any aluminum boat, you owe it to yourself to pay them a visit!

You can find their website at www.westboats.com

Me and JackieBlue made the maiden voyage Saturday, this is a darn fine boat.

More Pictures Of The New Xpress!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Motor is a 90 Yammahammer 2 stroke.

I still have the break in oil in it, and have only run it in really rough water (whitecaps) with 2 men and all gear it ran 37.

I expect when I get the double oil out and run on "normal" water it will run 42+, which is as fast as I care to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts