2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at updating the TV in my bedroom, but have no clue where to begin or the differences. Looking at something in the 32" or smaller range. I have been reading up some on them, but am looking for the real world opinion and not what some "research group" says. I have been looking at a Vizio and Sony 32" LCD. Any opinions or other suggestions. Want it for the bedroom but would like to have the option to use it as a living room tv if need be.

·
Glub-Glub-Glub
854 Posts
Visio 32"

I bought a Vizio 32" almost 3 years ago and use it in my bedroom and really like it. :bounce:For the price of the Vizio wiould definately buy another if and when this one dies.
Recently I heard an expert in high end electronics in San Antonio say that if you slightly tilt a flat panel screen forward it make for a much better picture. I put several old VHS tapes under the rear (only one thickness)of the base and it sure appears to be a slightly better picture than sitting pure vertical.
Bought mine at Costco.

·
Registered
10,397 Posts
LISTEN TO PESCADOR! buy from costco. they have a lifetime warranty on tv's. i bought a 37" lcd last year for $700. they are $200 less now. watch costco coupons and save even more. they tend to put them on sale this time of the year. i mounted mine on wall and tossed the space hogging entertainment center. wife loves it and hardly comes out of "her room" and leaves me alone. vizio is a good brand and a good value. FYI: i recently returned a 3 year old gps unit, a 1 year old laser printer, and a 4 year old shredder to costco. i keep my receipts. no questions asked either. if you are going to make a major purchase, costco is a must!

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'd personally would go with a Samsung. I've gone to 3 houses this year for home theater installs with Vizio LCD's and have had continuous problems with them. Get what you pay for if you ask me. Just my .02

·
Registered
6 Posts
On Black friday me and my wonderful wife went shopping for Christmas presents and i found that Conn's had a Toshiba 1080i 32" LCD tv for $299.99. I picked one up for my dad and my son. Good Deal and the report was 4stars. They're still that price on-line.

·
RIDE RED,HONDA!
10,218 Posts
the Vizio 32" has a really nice picture. compare before you buy by looking at them at a store with a few on the same pic. i got mine about 1 year ago and love it. if you like, you can also hook it up to your PC. talk about in your face.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
After hearing that plasma tv has a shorter lifespand than LCD...went to Cosco,and bought 2 pioneer 50 [plasma with a lifetime warranty.No need to extended service needed! gotta love Cosco.

RL

LISTEN TO PESCADOR! buy from costco. they have a lifetime warranty on tv's. i bought a 37" lcd last year for $700. they are $200 less now. watch costco coupons and save even more. they tend to put them on sale this time of the year. i mounted mine on wall and tossed the space hogging entertainment center. wife loves it and hardly comes out of "her room" and leaves me alone. vizio is a good brand and a good value. FYI: i recently returned a 3 year old gps unit, a 1 year old laser printer, and a 4 year old shredder to costco. i keep my receipts. no questions asked either. if you are going to make a major purchase, costco is a must!

·
Custom User Title space for rent
5,217 Posts
Cyber Monday was yesterday. A day late & dollar short on your timing. I picked up 2 55" TVs this past week at a huge saving compaired to today's prices but I had return the Samsung due to a bad panel. Watching the Sony right now.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya I hear Costco has some deals, but I live in the Victoria area and the closest thing we have to Costco is probably Sam's Club, will have to go look around there. I knew I could count on 2cool to give their 2cents. Thanks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Been looking as well for my Dad's Christmas gift. He went and looked at Vizios and Samsung. He decided he wanted the Vizio

Vizio VL320M - $399 at Dell.com tax to be added but free shipping
Vizio VL370M - $529 at Sams tax to be added
These are the best prices I have found on the Vizios. He decided on the 37" for his office. Both sizes are 1080p, 120mhz and 50,000: 1

Also liked the Samsung LN32B530. Very nice 32" LCD and a bit more expensive than the Vizio. Didn't do price research as he decided on the Vizio.

Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts