also for those who are here for the 1st time

before you click over to see the mind blowing filth of aransas county

and how the most beautiful fishing area has been ruined, please

let me thank this website , and all the viewers who love the rockport area

and pray someone will get the message and clean this dam dump up we

love fishing as all of you do and are sick of the garbage that greets you

thank you and please mention this website to the rockport chamber of commerce,

maybe one of them CAN read horrific angry comments of residents

click here http://aransastexas.webs.com/ and I hope you dont puke !

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Mmm. "the beautiful place that Rockport used to be" I've lived in Rockport and fished down here for 30 years. It's pretty much always looked like this. Old trailers, boats, etc. Understand that most coastal or mountain tourist towns also attract drifters and the like. I would suggest that you buy a lot in a restricted neighborhood and stay off the back streets. And enjoy the wonderful fishing with the other 1,000's of fishermen that will surely be fishing in your favorite spot.

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
First, I don't live that way either. But, before I went off pointing my high powered finger of virtue; I hope I would ask myself at least 2 questions. 1-I wonder if at least some of the people are doing the best they can do? 2-How did I get lucky enough not to live under such duress? I don't think it's the right way to live either but some people just don't have as many options as some others. Just my .02 B&P

·
Registered
30,679 Posts
why don't you run for county commissioner or something and clean the place up. i'm not sure what you're expecting to accomplish by posting photos in here.

·
The Republic of Texas
4,607 Posts
why don't you run for county commissioner or something and clean the place up. i'm not sure what you're expecting to accomplish by posting photos in here.
I thought maybe it was just me, but I haven't quite figured out what exactly what he was getting at either. I'm glad to see I'm not the only confused one.

Mike

·
Registered
686 Posts
Not sure how it is confusing to anyone at what he is doing.

I'm confused at how someone can think that they, "are doing the best they can do". What does being poor have to do with being clean?

·
Member..Whats wrong with my member
5,532 Posts
I thought maybe it was just me, but I haven't quite figured out what exactly what he was getting at either. I'm glad to see I'm not the only confused one.
I feel better now. Thought it was just me as well.

Kelly

·
2,569 Posts
Standards of living differ dependent upon how you were raised, JP. You may look at my desk and think "what a slob" but obviously you haven't seen my OCD closet. BTW, the last time I took a lowboy to the county landfill it was, if memory serves, about 40.00. So there is your answer to the poor and clean relationship. IF the good and righteous people in Aransas and surrounding counties are fed up with it. Then start a public service and do a good deed for a stranger. If I stepped on a nerve then I'm sorry about that. But not all poor people are there by choice. B&P

·
Pimp
7,688 Posts
What makes Aransas County so special?

a

·
2,569 Posts
What makes Aransas County so special?

a
Hell, I gotta pass by a site like that every day. I feel sorry for those folks; I ain't no Robin Hood but I don't live in a glass either. B&P

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
YEP

x2 before it was a "getaway" Rockport was a sleepy little fishing village look at Port O Its just a suburb of Houston now most of the people from these types of communities either sold out or abandoned it because they cannot afford all the taxes required to keep a city slicker comfortable on the coast. As a kid growing up in a bayhouse A/C meant you went to bed first to get the spot by the window.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I grew up poor. We cut the grass. We didn't pile junk all over the yard. I feel empathy for the impoverished. I feel irritation that it becomes an excuse to live in a junk pile.

How much trouble is it to place things in one area, even if you can't afford to haul it off. Btw, you might check with the county to see if there is a free haul-off program for the poor. Back home, we had one, although my dad refused to use it. We hauled to the dump. I'll admit, it didn't cost $40 a load back then.

·
swifty
3,234 Posts
I read your page blacktie and the comments left behind and the one that got me the most was ...."I moved here a year ago from San Antonio and did not realize what a nasty place this is.The people here are so used to this that they dont even notice.I will be moving as soon as possible and will never return FOR ANY REASON.They dont want anything to change and dont like anyone who is not from here.
NASTY *** people. justin ([email protected] )

If I was you justin...I'd carry my arse back up to San Antonio and take a look around at some of the barrios you left behind. You almost sound like a damm yankee.

swifty

·
Proud Navy Father AND Grandfather
9,095 Posts
Not sure how it is confusing to anyone at what he is doing.

I'm confused at how someone can think that they, "are doing the best they can do". What does being poor have to do with being clean?
They were brought up like that....they know No difference....!

·
2,569 Posts
Wait I ain't done yet. If you, that's any of you, are some of them high and mighty types. I hope you don't break a nail on your wittle bitty pinky when you stick it out to drink tea and have crumpets down at the country club. I gotta finger stickin' out for you wanna guess which one? Come on down to the Bayou, fstick and I'll give to you. My place will have a couple of dirty *** Chevrolets parked in front of it and I'll be in the drive way waitin. B&P

·
Pimp
7,688 Posts
Hell, my neighbors prolly say that about me when I'm getting the junker ready for an overnight offshore trip....

a

·
2,569 Posts
you could help them clean up the trash a bit by shoving it right up your arse. quit complaing and do something about it.
What he said. Call some of them society types you probably hang out with. They are always looking for a public service cause. B&P

·
2,569 Posts
Green coming at you for standing up for the poor BWB. Gotta reload though. B&P

1 - 20 of 66 Posts