2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Just a Member
126 Posts
ns

BD,
I fish Sabine quite a bit, so I'll give you my 2 cents.

If you want to wade the water temp is @83 degs (at least it was friday) so you can wade in shorts. Tennis shoes would be OK, I like the security of wearing boots. The water is pretty fresh right now so it's probably safe.

Most of the good wading areas are only accessable by boat. A couple of exceptions, you can drive out on the revetment walls and wade out on the far south end or the far north end. (these walls kinda "belly" out into the lake which makes the water in the center too deep for wading) Neither of these spots offer any protection from our daily south wind however. This is not your best choice!

I don't know much about fishing from a kayak but I figure you probably don't have much range. The boat launches are exposed to the south wind so don't figure on fishing near any of the ramps! This is not your best choice!

Bring your big boat! You can then run accross the lake and access the east shoreline, or LA shoreline. This is your best fishing area and if you want to wade, just anchor your boat and crawl over the side. JJ has it right, this is how most of us fish, wade if we choose or fish out of the boat. This is what I would recomend! :bluefish:

Best of Luck, Fletch

1 - 1 of 1 Posts