2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello sharkies. my names nick and im a sharkfisherman from pcola fl but have a question for yall texas guys. I heard somewhere that sharks have very high senses and they can sense bare cable in the water. is this true. should i use coated 1/16 in. cable instead of plain 1/16in. also, when I rig up a 15# jack or stingray with two 20/0 circle hooks, how do i use the bait needle with this? Im guessing you just use two drop leaders and rig both of them up through the bait with the bait needle or could I only use one 20/0 and get away with it. Any info helps.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have heard the same thing. A lot of guys wrap their hooks and cable with electical tape. It probably doesn't hurt. I personally think the electrical or magnetic signiture bit about the cable is a big bunch of BULL SH!*. That is just my opinion.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Oops, I forgot.First and foremost welcome to the board. Glad to have ya here with us.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks and ya I think its bull sh** to. Im not sure if i made that second question very clear what I meant to say was when I rig up a real big bait, after the snap swivel should I use just one small piece of leader and a 20/0 circle or two small pieces of leader and two 20/0 circles?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts