2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A little background on myself. I am a native south Floridian and I fish for redfish, snook, bonefish, and permit primarily. I was a Shimano diehard but switched over to an X brand for the past few reels I bought. But I do own a Stella 3000, which is currently my favorite reel but its tough for me to fish my clients with all Stellas. After reading about the new Shimano products and the introduction of the 3000 size in the Stradic and Sustain models, I am excited to announce that I will most likely be switching back over to Shimano reels.

I have a few questions about the new 2008 Sustain FE. I was wondering if there are any changes in the drag system in the new 2008 Sustain FE from the older 2006 model Sustain. I was also wondering if there are any changes in the spool size... what would the spool size of the 2008 Sustain 3000 be like compared to say a 2006 Stella 3000?

Last question... What would be the advantage of the new Sustain over the new Stradic MG?

I'm starting to guide part time now and I will be retiring a lot of my older gear for some new goodies. Thanks!!!

-Capt. Hon

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
The spools are a little taller on the new Sustain FE model. The new lip design provides great casting distances and reduces line twist.

The drag design is similar to the FD model but slightly different to accomodate the new spool design. It uses our Dartanium drag washers which have proven themselves to be very smooth.

The Sustain has Titanium coated spool lips which reduces friction when casting. It is also more durable when using braided lines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info... when do you think the Sustains will be available at say Bass Pro Shops?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts