2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Man, those came out beautiful. I need a little understanding though. There is a fire box on the end of the smoke chamber, so what is the butane tank for?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my brother retro fit some burners in the chamber so i can use it as a gas grill also....yes to the shorts. i wear them year round.

·
Dave
1,103 Posts
Picked up the same pit a few weeks ago for our fish camp. Also did minor welding with the legs and loose items. Its pretty solid now. Those ribs look really good and have a perfect crust. Did you wrap them after smoking or leave open while cooking?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wrapped them for about an hour after about three hours smoke then let them rest about 45 minutes before plating. ditto on the legs and loose things, all got welded. planning on raising it up a bit too.

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
I was just looking at this pit a few minutes ago at Academy. I liked it...except for it being so short. Why would they do that? I don't want to go home and re-build the legs, weld up loose parts, etc... so I'm going to look at buying something else.

·
Dave
1,103 Posts
I was just looking at this pit a few minutes ago at Academy. I liked it...except for it being so short. Why would they do that? I don't want to go home and re-build the legs, weld up loose parts, etc... so I'm going to look at buying something else.
Price and the fact its made in China. Average persons height is like 5'1".

·
Infidel
3,523 Posts
I'm pretty sure the legs are telescoping. Just pull em out and tighten up the bolt. They had to have built them that way, unless their target base were Hobbits.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts