2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after smoking a brisket for 12 hrs that fell apart in your mouth 2 weeks ago at my buddies' deer camp - i went out and got a smoker saturday. pretty good deal. i had a $40 gift cert from home depot. the smoker was on sale from 190 to 149. also signed up for the home depot credit card and got 10% off. so for around $90, i got a big 'ol new smoker!!

got two racks of beef ribs that came out nicely around halftime of the texans game. this is the kind where the smoker chamber can double as a grill and the fire chamber is off the the left side.

i know a few but what i'd really like to do is spend a day on the weekend cooking up a ton of food that would last all week. my parent's place is loaded with pecan, so with free pecan, that'll probably be my wood of choice.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was a 13lber and we did our best between beers to keep it between 2-300. five ours into it, we wrapped it in foil.

btw, i'm also looking for a good brisket rub.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep, that's what my buddy out of SA said he used, but i haven't been able to find it yet. did you really just happen to have a picture handy?

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Grub Rub from the grocery store

is good for baby back ribs. I cut it with more brown sugar as I find it a little too salty otherwise. I like mine kind of sweet anyway.

Just rub the ribs and leave them in there for 4-5 hours at 200-275 or until done. I sometimes wrap them and leave them in there for an hour or two longer depending on what else is being served and timing....I'm sure you get it.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
allright, but besides ribs and brisket, what other smoking recipes?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Certified Bile Spewer
1,398 Posts
Bolner's

boat_money said:
yep, that's what my buddy out of SA said he used, but i haven't been able to find it yet. did you really just happen to have a picture handy?
Naw man, just a quick Google search and I found it for you.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Chile lime chicken wings. Just dont over smoke. Jerky. What are you kinda looking for?.........later,Dave

·
Registered
218 Posts
Smoke this...

You can smoke just about anything that'll fit under the hood. Bolner's has great rubs for beef, pork or chicken and you don't get graded on how much or little you use or even if you mix them together.

If you have a big ham or side of ribs from a feral hog, it will absolutely melt in your mouth. Try some cabrito. Even folks that don't like goat will love it. I find that one hour for every 2 pounds of meat seems to work best. About half way thru, wrap it in foil and keep the temp over 180 until you're done. You can wrap veggies and toss them in, too. A couple of big old 1015s cut in half and slow cooked are fine garnish for any table. I prefer mesquite as a smoking wood.

Bob

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Zach's BBQ rub comes in a 1# bag at Foodtown, or Zach's warehouse is in Deerpark..... You can get 10# boxes there, and they will custom blend to your taste.....It's the best I've found... And I BBQ alot...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts