2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking forward to fishing it this week. WOoohooo.

It's a ECC Lostmen, vented tunnel hull running a Honder 4stroke fitty. Floats in 6 and runs in the same. Pretty light rig, the ECC guys moved to a new layup process and pulled a lot of resin weight out of the hull.

I went a little nutty with the build, opting for the center tower so I can stand and run, pimp trolling motor (dang they are expensive), hydraulic steering, Atlas jack plate blah blah blah.

Here's a couple crappy iphone pics

Floating in 6, one person on board with gear.

Should be fun!

Cheers all.

·
Banned
2,534 Posts
Frayed,

it looks like a fun rig. Here's hoping it performs like it was intended to.:brew:

·
Remember the Veterans
8,047 Posts
I can feel the excitement. I'm happy for ya too. Nothing like a new toy to make the future seem bright!!!

Dang the torpedos...FULL SPEED AHEAD"

·
Maker of laser engraved switch panels
3,766 Posts
How do you like the honda? Can you review its' performance? Great looking rig. Let me know if you need some nice custom TX numbers.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Sweet

Kevin and the guys sure make fine boats!!!!!!!!

Have talked to them many times about getting a lostmen, just waiting for my right time lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Very nice boat, I too would like one, for a second boat, maybe with less bells and whistle's. Why there isn,t a Texas boat builder with a competing product is beyond me. All you have to do is look at the classified and see how many 21 to23' with big motors for sale and the high prices these poling skiffs can command, it seems like there is demand by people like me who would rather have one of these that a baby cat.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Very nice boat, I too would like one, for a second boat, maybe with less bells and whistle's. Why there isn,t a Texas boat builder with a competing product is beyond me. All you have to do is look at the classified and see how many 21 to23' with big motors for sale and the high prices these poling skiffs can command, it seems like there is demand by people like me who would rather have one of these that a baby cat.
Talk to kevin shaw at fibertex in corpus christi, They build the stiffy push poles and othe products including a great poling skiff.

chuck

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No problem Mike. Looking forward to the next visit.

Bayou, yup, second boat for me. Not really bay friendly for those windy days and certainly not a nearshore boat or a family boat. You can get these at a competitive price if you keep yourself from checkboxing all the tasty options.

railbird, I know a coupla of the fellas at Fibertex and was on the water that foggy day with an Exile skiff. Both boats represent slightly different takes on the same concept; a light poling skiff. I'm no expert but Shaw's skiff is longer but has less beam and I think is heavier. Great rigs nevertheless and I think both have roughly equal capabilities.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts