2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I did it...caught a new record cat on a rod and reel..for me anyways! went to a little pay lake (dont ask!) with some friends friday night and caught this one! and on my smallest pole that I had too!! Fun fight! Weighed in at a little over 26 lbs

Attachments

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I hated it too....but it wasnt too bad of a place. and this guy swears he dont buy anything but fingerlings and nothing from other lakes or streams....Biggest fish caught there was a 47lb blue that night!

·
Registered
550 Posts
i can't say anything bad about pay lakes, as long as they don't get their fish from public waters. Most of the lakes around here are mom and pop places, that have been stocked with channel cat fingerlings, and get till fat.

Good Fish. Congrats.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Drew,
Nice fish Bro... it doesn't matter where it came from... I don't fish pay lakes, but if it were the only place I could fish (and with a broke boat I might start looking LOL), I'd go and fish... I'd CPR 'em and keep on fishing... keep us posted on your future accomplishments... that is a good fish by anyone's standards... great pic

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts