2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a recipe that I made up from scratch last night. I looked up a bunch of recipes off the internet and just put in what I thought would taste the best. It rocked! My wife thought it was as good or better than the place we ate at in New Orleans 2 years ago. We might have to take a trip this winter down there to find out. ;)

-1-1.5lbs shimp, headed with shell on
-1 stick butter
-6 cloves garlic
-1 small onion
-1-2T Cajun Seasoning (unsalted. I use Joe's Hot Stuff from New Orleans. You can order it on the internet.)
-6 bay leaves
-1 beer
-1T Worcestershire sauce
-3T lemon juice (add it a little at a time until you get the taste to your preference)
-Salt to taste
-8 slices frech bread, slightly tosted, plain

Dice 6 cloves garlic and one small onion into tiny pieces. Melt 1T butter in a large saucepan on medium heat. Sautee onion and garlic until onion starts to turn clear. Add the rest of the stick of butter and melt it. DON'T brown the butter. Add in the Cajun seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, lemon, bay leaves and after stirring, add the shrimp. Cook them till they just start to turn pink (about 3 minutes) and then add half the beer (or enough to make a nice watery juice) and salt to taste. Turn the fire down to medium low to where it is just bubbling and boil for about 15-20 minutes. Drink the remainder of the beer. After the sauce is reduced to a thicker liquid, turn off the fire and let the dish sit for about 5-8 minutes. This makes the shrimp soak up the juice. Serve in bowls with the juice and dip the bread in the juice.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts