2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DOINK
10,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the new GCC and they have these new breathables featured the new gear section... They look great for $99.00. I may need to go to Academy and tak a look... Both of current waders are leaking in all the wrong places!!

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
they fit better than the cheaper magellan waders. I think they are a great buy for the price. When my cheapies tear, Academy will be replacing them with the new ones. :D

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I have been wearing these waders since the water temps have dropped and really like them so far. The feet on them fit way better and more comfortable than the other ones they carry at Academy. I think for the money they are the best you can get with out buying the higher $ brands.

Capt. Dustin Lee
Fish'N Addiction Guide Service
www.TexasBigFish.com
www.MatagordaBayFishingGuide.com
979-236-6203

Team Brown Lures, Fish -N- Hunt, Kubala Kustom Rods, Midcoastproducts., Wiley X and Stinky Pants Stringers.

·
DOINK
10,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys... I will go take a look... I just cant see spending $400 for Simms when i am so hard on em. The hodgemans i get last a few years and that is all i can ask for.

·
Older Person
6,100 Posts
I have a pair and have used them 3 times. They fit well and feel great. I would buy another pair..

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Just how insulated are they? I'm getting geared up for my weeks of Winter fishing.
Just wanted to know well the keep you warm.
I work part time here at Academy on 6 & 290 and I keep going back and looking at them. Sometimes I hear them calling my name. Now thats a sign I guess.
I just looked at them again and it feels like there's only one single layer of material. I'm finding it hard to believe they can keep you really warm

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Just how insulated are they? I'm getting geared up for my weeks of Winter fishing.
Just wanted to know well the keep you warm.
I work part time here at Academy on 6 & 290 and I keep going back and looking at them. Sometimes I hear them calling my name. Now thats a sign I guess.
I just looked at them again and it feels like there's only one single layer of material. I'm finding it hard to believe they can keep you really warm
IMO, you will want a base layer and a pair of fleece pants to wear for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts