2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking at my 2005 gear .... Berkley has a new glow rod .. It glows in the dark and has an inner battery operated lighted that keeps your rod glowing ... I am sorry to say there are no 1 piece rods in the mix 7' - 10' 15 - 30# .. I may order myself for my lighter (no pun intended) situations ... Retail is 39.95 - 49.95

Attachments

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
That looks like a pretty sweet rod! may have to add one to my "arsenal"! When will you have one of those in your hand to let us know how it really is?

·
Registered
728 Posts
mudd_catt said:
I wasn't the one who asked "where does the battery go". ;)
I almost couldn't resist that one... in the butt... LMAO.... I'm glad it goes in the ROD BUTT.... and I'm betting that it doesn't glow all the way to the tip.... unless there's a full moon, which by the way is happening twice this month... so, yes it glows all the way to the tip once in a blue moon...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Batteries? Switches? Rain? Water? Corrosion? How can it glow all the way to the tip if it is a 2 piece? Seems like something made to catch catfishermen instead of cats

·
Registered
138 Posts
Trophycats said:
Batteries? Switches? Rain? Water? Corrosion? How can it glow all the way to the tip if it is a 2 piece? Seems like something made to catch catfishermen instead of cats
My thoughts eXactly. It looks like the gimmicks from the bass world have made their way into catfishing...took them long enough.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would save judgement until we actually put it in our hands .. We know that it will not work in either situation that we fish for blues , however it may be a legitimate rod for other applications ...

·
Registered
728 Posts
If I layed it on the floor of the boat with the light on at night it might keep me from stepping on it :) Just kidding...
I can see where it might be very helpful in the case of having several lines out from the bank, to help identify which one has a hit on it... it also would be good to have the rods lit up to keep from running into lines in the dark on moonless nights... there *may* be a fiber-optic connector from the butt section to the tip section to transmit the light all the way to the tip. It would be easy enough to do, and the fiber optic conduit that it would require has become very inexpensive these days...
TT

1 - 20 of 32 Posts