2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new TW3. This is a SWEET rod!! Can't wait to get this baby wet. Dang, I need a new reel now. Don't want my old scuffed up Curado making this baby look cheap. Thanks, Jode!

·
Registered
941 Posts
What are the specs on that TW3 ? Didn't see it on their site.
Wondering too what the various wading rods weigh in ounces.

·
Always imitated... never duplicated.
4,848 Posts
Pics

Can someone post up some pics of there LAGUNA and the craftsmanship... My camera just won't get the job done.

THANKS

JODE

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,468 Posts
Its a more limber rod, I love mine for chunking plastics, I would say that its deflection is thru the middle of the rod. I have caught upper slot reds and trout over 27" on mine with no problems.

·
JimD
7,161 Posts
I would be embarased too

I would be embarased too to put that old beat up reel on a new rod.

I can give you 10$ to avoid that embarasement. ;)

Go catch some fish.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I just got their newest one called the devil stick. It is sweet. Wish I had a picture of it I love it. Congrats great rods and great people

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have to agree with Legba, after checking this rod out in person I would have to say that this is a very slow action...very limber rod. The deflection is in the bottom end of the middle third. Not even close to a fast action rod.

·
4,848 Posts
Sorry guys.... Long day

I don't know what I was thinking. The rod has a fair amount of whip in it and like WIII said it is limber....

still handles the big fish real well... If I have another day like yesteday just please put me down!

J

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have some good pictures of my TW1. I'll try to get them posted today. (The first recon stick...it's fatal injury...and then it's clone)

It was hard walking out of Jode's office without one of the new inshore rods (the wife was waiting in the truck).

Thanks again to Jode and the guys at the shop for their quick turnaround and their customer service.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i had a few doubts when i first bought my TW3 because it was very whippy n thin...i initially bought for flounder fishing...bought now find myself using for specks n reds...handles 'em great...throw a chronarch MG on it

Attachments

·
4,848 Posts
Hey Shot

Those are some of the best looking rods we have made with that PEWTER!

Thanks for posting that PIC.

Jode

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
The texas wader 3 is sweet for sure I have been useing it all the time for 2 maybe 3 years now It was made original for Capt Randall Groves he showed me it and I was hooked you can work plastics like there real,small top waters like super spook jr is recommended awesome rod.later Ken www.captkensabin.com

1 - 20 of 33 Posts