2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI

We're bulding out a new indoor Shootng range in the Northwest part of Houston on Sholoh Church Rd. This is close to FM 1960 and across from Champions Gulf Corse. Some call this area the Champions area.

As far as I know this will be the only indoor shoting in the area.

The Shooting range is made up of a first floor range with a six trap short side ( about 37' ) and a five trap long side ( about 69' ).

In the future this will be a two story range ( a one of a kind in the Houston area ) with the second story being an open concept range with multiple uses.

We hope to have the first floor range open by the end of August.

If you live in the area, or are just looking for a new place to shoot your Love the Shiloh Shooting Range.

MB

·
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well ......:rolleyes:

We won't have the HOT TUB trap's here BUTT you will be able to shoot AR's on the long side .

We're useing 3/8" AR500 plate there.

MB

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Uh oh - that's too close to home - I'm in trouble now. We had a nice indoor range off Jones until it burned - then there was one close to the Hardy but it closed. Tried the one off I-10 just inside the beltway but the proprietor made me so mad I'll never go back. Hot Wells is too hot in the summer so I wind up going all the way to 59. Glad to hear you're opening - keep us posted and good luck to you.

·
Who Farted?
1,868 Posts
MB will there be a 2cool discount?
You have any idea where the pricing will be? There is another indoor place towards town that charge roughly $18 an hour.
Any chance this place will offer rentals of full auto stuff?

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Something on the SE side would be really special. I may run out there and check it out though. The indoor range facilities around here are awful. I'm done with the long guns (except for my little Ruger 10/22) and I'm looking for a really NICE pistol range. Now I have my hope up and can't wait to check this out.

·
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bukmstr said:
So it will be rifle and pistol? The longest target area being 69'? Thanks!
Sorry I took so long to reply it's been very a wild two weeks for the A/C biz.

On the long side 69' we are using AR 500 3/8th inch armor plate and you should be able to shoot AR's, M16, and other autos on that side. Large Deer guns need a longer range.

I hope you come out some time....

MB

·
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KillaHookset said:
MB will there be a 2cool discount?
You have any idea where the pricing will be? There is another indoor place towards town that charge roughly $18 an hour.
Any chance this place will offer rentals of full auto stuff?
I'm sure there will be many Promo's to get people into the range and I'll ask the owner about a 2 cool discount, what the hourly rate will be, and get back to you. Full auto ?

MB

·
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oct. 1

The new indoor Shootng range should be opened Oct. 1.

There are still a fue things to be done, but the trap is complete!

We shot 9mm, 40cal., 45cal., AR 15, 12 gauge, and other guns ( I'm not sure what they were ) at it and it's working great.

The cost will be $16. per/hr .

MB

·
Registered
263 Posts
Is this thing opened yet, I am bored and need to insure my manlyhood. Anybody know a phone number for this place?

·
3,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your manlyhood is in luck!!!!

I hoped to have it done on the 1st, BUT

IT OPEDED TODAY Oct. 6.

We had a great turn out today and every kind of hand gun from 22's, 9mm, 38 & 44 mags, To a S/W 460, and a S/W 50 cal. ( what a sweet shooten CANNON that 50 is ). Also had an AR 9mm auto that was fired. Look fowared to seeing you there.

MB
CHICKENCHASER said:
Is this thing opened yet, I am bored and need to insure my manlyhood. Anybody know a phone number for this place?

·
Banned
5,088 Posts
I stopped by there today. He's open tomorrow. Monday is the only day not open. Opening times during the week are 10am. ON weekends open at 9am.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Can you post an address and phone number?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts