2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Garmin 182 gps useing Lights and Waterways maps and I'm looking to upgrade to maybe a color with a little more detail.I fish the bay and offshore out to about 35 miles occasionally I'm looking for something that has the preloaded maps and that I can plott with on my pc. before I go out. I have seen the Garmins and they all have different model #'s but they all look the same to me. I would like to keep the price somewhere around 6 or $700 but I am open to suggestions by any experienced offshore fisherman.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
garmin 192c is the same size as your 182. The 192c is color and has preloaded charts. I love that unit and I believe you can find them for under $1000.

·
Firm Member
1,966 Posts
I recently asked the same questions of John at tightlinerods.com (on this board). For the same buget I got a Garmin 188C with a chip and all the goodies. Give John a PM.

Erik

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
Shoot me a pm and I'll work you up a system...

John

·
Banned
1,821 Posts
Under a 1000, go Garmin. Lowrance is for freshwater and way to high for a unit comparable to Garmin.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Buy the Bluechart for the TX Coast, and spend the extra on a color fish finder if you don't have one already.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lowarance 25C, w/Nauticpath maps. Plug and play. Garmin requires to many extra components. Also do your homework on the net. Lots of comparisons are avalible. You be the judge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts