2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the 2009 ext-cab 5.3 can't decide on which one (Chevy or GMC), leaning to GMC. What about the 0%-72 mos? Who has the best deal? HELP!:question:

·
Gone Fishing
12,001 Posts
Before someone says it, the money would go to India to fix their communication lines if GM diidn't take it.

I have no clue about deals, go shopping.

·
Mike
1,054 Posts
I made a good deal at Covert Chevy/GMC in Bastrop. They used to give Employee Pricing if you were a card carrying member of CCA. And, yes, you had to show the card.

A friend bought his from Moritz in Ft. Worth from Monte **** (manager). He made a smoking deal. Don't have any suggestions in the Houston area.

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
Yep, Wishin' for Fishin' at Monument Chevrolet

As far as the difference between Chevy and GMC, it's just the name plate. GMC trucks usually cost a little more and if I remember correctly the reason is they usually have more standard features that are options on a Chevy.

·
Custom User Title space for rent
5,212 Posts
Yep, Wishin' for Fishin' at Monument Chevrolet

As far as the difference between Chevy and GMC, it's just the name plate. GMC trucks usually cost a little more and if I remember correctly the reason is they usually have more standard features that are options on a Chevy.
The big difference is the Chevy is a GMC that was taken out back & beaten with the ugly stick.:rotfl:

Still can't believe GM deleted features like underhood lights, glove box lights, rear AC/heating vents on Extended cabs & Crew Cabs, 4 wheel disk brakes just to save money. What were they thinking?

·
Just an old ?
6,830 Posts
I'ld call the White House. I'm sure the anointed one has a good handle on where to buy Government Motors Corporation products at a good price.

Otherwise, talk to Wishin for Fishin and give another 2cooler some much needed business.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I'ld call the White House. I'm sure the anointed one has a good handle on where to buy Government Motors Corporation products at a good price.

Otherwise, talk to Wishin for Fishin and give another 2cooler some much needed business.
Chivy and gmc = ( insert pic of a dog turd w/corn in it oh :eek:) I spent 50k+ no interest for 5 years on a gmc yukon xl fully loaded and I could not keep the dam break lights from just falling off. After 3k of brand new goodyear break light assy's from the chitty parts store and 4 years of btichen, 2 transmissions, 2 sets of u joints, 2 ac units, 4 sets of new tires and only 50k miles I traded the pos in for a FORD! Never been so happy to own a truck in all my life. Will never go back to bomotors.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Oh, btw, I had a 100k mile warranty bumper to bumper warranty and they still wanted $250 deductable for the ac issues which was never fixed, broke when I pawned it off as a trade in, I used nothing but royal purple in everything, never missed a sched. mait. rotated the tires every 3k miles the whole mait. thing was never missed. Never been slid such a big dam green pickle in all of my life.

·
Proud Navy Father AND Grandfather
9,095 Posts
Oh, btw, I had a 100k mile warranty bumper to bumper warranty and they still wanted $250 deductable for the ac issues which was never fixed, broke when I pawned it off as a trade in, I used nothing but royal purple in everything, never missed a sched. mait. rotated the tires every 3k miles the whole mait. thing was never missed. Never been slid such a big dam green pickle in all of my life.
Now tell us how you Really feel! :cheers: I can't believe people are STILL dumping $$$ in GUBMENT MOTORS!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Now tell us how you Really feel! :cheers: I can't believe people are STILL dumping $$$ in GUBMENT MOTORS!
It is just wrong! I am almost to the point where I would pay people to buy that chit. Eventually, they would repay me back pluss some for saving them the time and hastle. Know what I mean. Dam pickle, that chit ain't right!:cheers:

·
Do you know who I think I am???
5,213 Posts
I have bought GMC and Chevy and have never had problems with either brand. The GMC had 100,000 miles before it got totaled and was never in the shop and I barely changed the oil. The first Chevy (98 Silverado) had 180,000 mile and I only had to replace the fuel pump. Even with 180,000 miles it did not burn oil and ran like a raped ape. The Chevy (03 Z71) I drive now has 140,000 and I have only replaced a front hub assembally. My fathers Chevy (01 Silverado) had 165,000 and he has never replaced a single part. Our ranch truck (89 half ton) has over 200,000 miles and it is still running.

We owned one ford (mid 90s) in my family and it is sitting in the pasture burnt to a crisp... I think it was spontanious combustion!!

And some people wonder why my family drives Chevy... go figure!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I have bought GMC and Chevy and have never had problems with either brand. The GMC had 100,000 miles before it got totaled and was never in the shop and I barely changed the oil. The first Chevy (98 Silverado) had 180,000 mile and I only had to replace the fuel pump. Even with 180,000 miles it did not burn oil and ran like a raped ape. The Chevy (03 Z71) I drive now has 140,000 and I have only replaced a front hub assembally. My fathers Chevy (01 Silverado) had 165,000 and he has never replaced a single part. Our ranch truck (89 half ton) has over 200,000 miles and it is still running.

We owned one ford (mid 90s) in my family and it is sitting in the pasture burnt to a crisp... I think it was spontanious combustion!!

And some people wonder why my family drives Chevy... go figure!
Reelthreat, consider yourself lucky, very lucky, I grew up loving chevy, until I bought a new one and changed my mind, do not get me wrong, the old chevy is the way to go. Would not own any chevy post 1979. Quality went to chit and then the govenment threw tha corn in. I like they way they look, just do not want to be the one makin them payments. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Same way with them old slimy gray oysters, it only takes one and it will change your life forever! Give ya dem squirts as well! LOL!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts