2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Standing on a Whale fishing for Minnows
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After 6 days of chainsawing and cleaning up trees and debris at the house and around the hood, I finally got a chance to grill up some grub before dark and take a rest in the hammock. While watching the sunset, my dog Klever climbed up and said that I can get my fishing fix right here in my own back yard. Hop on the boat and start grinding... Ruff Ruff...

Seriously , our hearts and prayers go out to all our coastal friends.. They have only yet to start their recovery process.

Also, big Kudos for my bro who suggested to park the boat in his shop after picking it up at eagle point.. The before and after pics of its resting spot at home are truly a blessing.

Ready to get the Bull on in October..... I hope to have power before then.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
man, what can one say, your pics tell the story, keep going forward one step at a time, one limb at a time, bulls and flounder soon to be occupying our posts on 2cool

·
Registered
279 Posts
Captain Dave said:
After 6 days of chainsawing and cleaning up trees and debris at the house and around the hood, I finally got a chance to grill up some grub before dark and take a rest in the hammock. While watching the sunset, my dog Klever climbed up and said that I can get my fishing fix right here in my own back yard. Hop on the boat and start grinding... Ruff Ruff...

Seriously , our hearts and prayers go out to all our coastal friends.. They have only yet to start their recovery process.

Also, big Kudos for my bro who suggested to park the boat in his shop after picking it up at eagle point.. The before and after pics of its resting spot at home are truly a blessing.

Ready to get the Bull on in October..... I hope to have power before then.
Hope you get power soon Dave and Good luck. Nice to hear your boat is ok unlike many others.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Looks like things are getting back to normal.
My sister and kids own homes in Kemah, Bacliff and
El Lago, and they somehow got off very light...

·
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Grillin every night... Come on over..

Glad you guys are as well. I was down the back end of the sub at the golf course side and there was some major tree damage as well. Some giant tops of the pines that were over a foot in diameter snapped off and no where in site.

We Still no power, We have some snapped lines and and 2 poles down on our stretch. Power is on both sides of us now.. it wont be long.. Going to put in a new fuse box while its down...

Canuck said:
Glad to see you guys made it! We took some major trees on our street but ALL missed houses etc. Let me know the next time your grillin'!

·
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, Had to patch with what we were able to get. WE added a few more boards after.. Out of 1500 houses in my sub, only seen about 5 boarded up..

Santa has been with the family for generations and he brings us luck ...

After driving to a clients house down on the other end of the sub, I was astonded on the force of what mothernature did to some of the trees. Snapped a 80 ft pine top over 16 inches thick and took it for a ride out of sight.. ( Tornado ? )

Here are a few of the neighbors pics.. Every other house received some trees down \ Damage ....These folks could of used a Santa...LOL

FishinHippie said:
is that santa protect the window in the front?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts