2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lived in League City for the past few years and in August took a job in Waller. I closed on a house in Cypress Wednesday before Hurricane Ike. I was suppose to have electricity turned on September 15th. Due to the Hurricane and Centerpoint being in "Emergency Mode" I have not had my electricity turned on yet. My neighborhood did not lose electricity and the neighborhood is up and running. I completely understand there are bigger fish to fry than turning on my electricity, it is just getting extremely frustrating not being able to stay in our new house. I have called day in and day out and keep getting different stories, at first they cancelled my order, then it would be on by the 30th, today it is call back on the 1st and we should have a timeline to when we will do individual new accounts. I have kept things in perspective the past few weeks, knowing I am truly blessed to get out with just this and my family escaped major damage in League City, but I am getting frustrated with the merry-go-round at Centerpoint. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to get my power on? Thanks and sorry for the rant, I honestly know I am blessed to only have such a minor problem.

·
wishin I was fishin
1,283 Posts
I had this problem when I closed on my house.. They told me 10 days to get it on when it was actually on the day of closing then they came and shut it off.. Well I didnt want to wait the 10 days. Somehow the meter got itself magically plugged in. They know what the meter said before and they have a seal on there. so they can bill you. But get ready for a tampering fee.. Of course I never touched mine I believe it was some contractor or something there was many folks in and out of the house putting tile and painting. but they tried to charge me the fee. I fought it and got out of it.

·
Banned
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe I can accidently turn it on!! I am not very savvy when it comes to connecting things, I may cause the rest of the neighborhood to lose their power by the time I try to connect something!! :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts