2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well finally we have them out and about in stores and in our tackle boxes haha. Through the help of our pro staff and many angler friends we've redesigned the Devil Eye to make it an even better product. I can't sleep right now and yeah I know it's 3:22 in the morning, but I figured what the heck I've got some pictures from the past weeks of fishing so why don't I post em.

First off: Jason got the opportunity to make a trip down to Port Isabel for a fun trip with Capt. Ernest Cisneros and some friends. Fishing mainly for snook Jason ended up landing his first ever snook which was quite exciting for him. They weren't hitting anything but topwaters that day and Jason finally snatched himself one.

Switching over to a new Plumtreuse Devil Eye he hoped to snag a snook or two, but instead he pulled in a few redfish that were solid.

Fishing three days straight really took a toll, but he had a blast down there in Port Isabel. Capt. Cisneros has been a friend of ours for some time now and we highly recommend him for any guided trip down south.

The Laguna Devil Stick in action.

For myself I haven't gotten to do much other than work and prototype new lures to come out this winter. This past week I made a trip down to East Matagorda bay with Kyle Tomek and put a hurting on some fish with the new plumtreuse sea devils. The bite was on until about 8AM and the whole bay went dead. Looking for birds did the trick for us. We even snagged a few birds on accident. They really liked Kyle's black super spook and they even tried picking up my gold rush SOLO out of the water. More news and fishing reports to come early next week. Check out the site for upcoming events and new photos. Also anyone can upload photos directly to the site now

Checked out the new Laguna Inshore Series yet? If you haven't go ahead and take a look at them. Great quality at a great price. You definitely get what you pay for with a Laguna. Jason and I haven't put down our Laguna's yet. I'd just like to say thanks again to Danny, Jeff, Jode, and Steve at Laguna for providing us with a great product. I just picked up a TWL for the girlfriend yesterday. Just this past summer I started getting her more involved with fishing and she loves it now. She wants to start going on wading trips and going after the big trout. Here's a pic of the new Laguna. I was really hoping that no one would see me with that darn thing being wrapped up all in pink haha!

Stephanie seemed to like the new Hookset color we're doing for Chris (fishnlab). It's "cute" and she sure can work it in the pool good.

Jake

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well I pulled an all-nighter actually. Work is going to be swell today! lol,

Jake

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Hey Jake, that sounds good! I love the devil eye and you guys have some great classic color combinations as well as some hard to find colors. Cant wait to try the redesign but I find myself wondering how it could be better? Guess thats why I dont design lures!

Tell Jason he needs to smile more.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Check out these Brown lures from the surf this morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
chicapesca said:
Hey Jake, what stores are the Devil Eyes in, or any Brown Lures for that matter? Are there any in San Antonio or Victoria or POC?

Thanks!
Just a guess, but I would imagine Sportsman's Warehouse will have them in SA. They have them at the one in Round Rock.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
chicapesca said:
Hey Jake, what stores are the Devil Eyes in, or any Brown Lures for that matter? Are there any in San Antonio or Victoria or POC?

Thanks!
They're available at FTU, Marburger's, Sportsman's Warehouse (all 3 locations), K&W Outfitters, The Tackle Shop, Eddie's (Sportsmen's Edge), and there's a few more that I can't think of right now for some reason. They're finally available online at www.shop.brownlures.com if you aren't close enough to a store.

Kenny: Man those are some pretty crazy looking lures. I hate it when I'm just bumping a tail along and then WHAM! the back end is just gone. How do you like the new Devil Eyes?

Thanks for the compliments everyone, we've learned a lot in the 18 months we've been going now. Look for some new and exciting things coming up though. This winter should get pretty interesting :)

Jake

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
I LOVE the new Devil Eyes.
My fishing buddy used the same pearl/chartreuse for the entire month of July I think.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
chrisnitro said:
are you guys ever gonna stock any stores in NW Houston???
The only store that would be closest to you is FTU off I-10? I'll ask Jason to double check.

Kenny: That's crazy, one month is pretty darn good IMO lol.

Jake

·
JimD
7,161 Posts
Jake- That is ok. YOur brother can fish and you can work. It is called division of labor.

The only problem is If you get behind again then he may have to get back and do some work too instead of fishing. ;)

PUt a px up on what the new eyes look like. Had a few eyes come off yesterday. My biggest problem is the norton twist jig causes as much problem and fish with the eyes.

·
Registered
663 Posts
The Norton Shrimp head jig heads fit perfectly on the Devil Eye. The shape keeps it from having any gaps in the lead and plastic.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JimD said:
Jake- That is ok. YOur brother can fish and you can work. It is called division of labor.

The only problem is If you get behind again then he may have to get back and do some work too instead of fishing. ;)

PUt a px up on what the new eyes look like. Had a few eyes come off yesterday. My biggest problem is the norton twist jig causes as much problem and fish with the eyes.
Lol that's true Jim ;).
The new Devil Eyes aren't the 3D glue on eyes anymore. They're painted on and they can't possibly come off unless you bite them off. Here's some pix up close for yall.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
btw, there are three new colors in the lineup. Plumteuse which is pictured there, Limetreuse which is a pure limetreuse body with black back, and Rootbeer which is a clear faint brown color with TONS of red glitter and no tail dip. Rootbeer is a color that we've been special making for Capt. Aubrey Black for some time now and boy does it kick some butt.

·
Registered
176 Posts
where can i get them on this side of town!!!Conroe!!!!I usually make a trip to marburgers!!!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hmmmm... The ONLY place that currently has them in stock anymore in Houston area is Marburger's. FTU has been sold out for a couple days (they only lasted 5 days there). I was just in Marburger's yesterday to pick up my reel from Scott and they had a good amount left. I have a correction on the store list too. K&W Arms & Ammo will have their order shortly. Same with The Tackle Shop. Sportsman's Warehouse has them, but I don't know any stock levels. Sportsmen's Edge doesn't have theirs yet, but they should pretty soon. If there are any shops that are close to you Adam just let me know the name of the shop and we'll try to get them in there. Only problem is we're selling faster than we can produce almost.

Marburger's Sporting Goods
1400 Bayport Boulevard
Seabrook, TX
281-474-3229

Our website currently notes that David's Tackle Box is a retailer. They have been recently removed from our list of retailers due to problems with management.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts